Internet Nostalgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

rockhard

Less Is More
Apr 24, 2008
Another thread got me thinking of this. Does anyone else remember the good old days when you used trumpet winsock to dial up to your isp, that irritating modem sound, and the horribly designed websites? When netscape navigator still was the shit?

Discuss....

trumpet.gif

trumpet_winsock_3_setup1879.gif

trumpet_winsock_3_dialler1876.gif

1.jpg

nt31accescut.gif

netscape_navigator_20.png

remember in high school calling up my isp asking how i could look at images on the internet for a report i was writing (and needed images or something for research) - i was in the email portion of their custom client, they said download netscape navigator... w/ in 15 minutes i was looking at boobs. This was 1993.

Fuck your Netscape Navigator... Eudora, bitches! :D

Anyone remember when Mp3s first hit? Man '96 was an exciting year. I spent 16 minutes downloading Adam Sandler's "Piece of Shit Car" on my piece of shit modem from an FTP that only had a ratio of 1:5.
Then I found a program that let me turn my CDs into Mp3s! And it ONLY took 3 hours per album!!!

I remember Chief at Kaos saying how the internet would just be a passing fad and that BBSs would still be around for years to come.

anyone remember using bitchslap to exploit windows i think it was either 95/98? that was the SHIT. all you had to do was enter the IP and boom

OSphail.gif

this thread reminded me of all the stress i used to go through with winsock.dll corruption, versioning conflicts, etc.

in a way i kind of miss those days. nostalgia definitely.

MS-DOS_6.22_dir_screenshot.png

norton_commander.png

Good old days on 386DX 40mhz, 4mb RAM, 512kb video card and 210mb HDD

When I got 2x CD-ROM and 16bit Sound Blaster I thought this was absolutely awesome.

xcom_ufo_02.jpg

Greatest game ever... used to sneak at 4am into computer room at my parent's house when I was like 10 and play until it was time to go to school.

stunts1.gif

Loved this game.

wolf3d.jpg

First 3d shooter of somewhat OK quality lol

2005-03-10.jpg

Thousands of hours spent... back in the day this was absolutely awesome game.

wolf3d.jpg

First 3d shooter of somewhat OK quality lol

Damn, I'd forgot about that fucking game. I wasted a shitload of time with that one.

Wasted a lot of time on this one too (5 1/4 floppy disks FTW)

slah11x6l9tzhqf9vow1.png

don't fuck that prostitute w/o a condom!

Damn, I'd forgot about that fucking game. I wasted a shitload of time with that one.

Wasted a lot of time on this one too (5 1/4 floppy disks FTW)

slah11x6l9tzhqf9vow1.png

don't fuck that prostitute w/o a condom!

Lol yeah I loved the Larry series up to like Larry 7 or something. I played the "updated" version though :D

36.jpg

I was the first guy in town (small town) to have win 95 but I only had something like a 286 meg hard drive. I had to use Drivespace to compress the thing to a usable size. What a nightmare.

And Eudora with the one line of text that spread for miles to the right.

I hated the ISPs who were 16 bit and made you use Trumpet. I was anal and wanted to use IE in a 32 bit environment.

Websites were bad ugly, even mine.

anyone remember using bitchslap to exploit windows i think it was either 95/98? that was the SHIT. all you had to do was enter the IP and boom
lol bs and nuking was awesome. Then to fix the bug you had to install a dozen patches which were really just masters paradise and *brain fart on the other popular trojan virus from back in the day*<forgot the="" other="" popular="" trojan="" virus="" back="" then=""></forgot>

Nuking or "ping of death" was the shit, but when the smurfing and dos attacks came it ruined the fun, with irc servers being down for days at a time. Norton commander, ooooh. The UFO games, aaaaah, I remember sitting inside for a whole summer playing UFO.

xcom_ufo_02.jpg

Ah yes... the glory days of modems... *beeeeep* *bop* *screetch* *beeeeeep*........You have been connected.......You have been disconnected...Retrying in 5 seconds......*beeeeep* *bop* *screetch* *beeeeeep* :)

I remember saving up money for my first 14.4k baud modem for my birthday. Man, I felt like king of the street with that 1337 thing.

And who else remembers the FSP sites? (They were shady FTP sites with even shadier contents on them, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.