Instinct vs. Iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's crazy. My Instinct multitasks (I listen to music while texting or surfing), gets great battery life, but comes with two batteries anyway... you can't even change the battery in the iPhone.

Oh, and it has real GPS, with turn by turn voice navigation... and voice commanded search (so i can say "sushi" and it'll find the nearest sushi resteraunts and give me a 3D map and guide me there).

Since Instinct connects the internet to find local businesses (on Sprint's 3G network, which is damn fast and available in way more areas), it doesn't take me to stores that don't exist anymore like my Garmin GPS, so I ditched that entirely and use my phone in the car for GPS all the time. I bought a $10 window mount on ebay for it.

Why do people like the iPhone so much?!

There is no comparison. iPhone browser is the best out there. Best way to decide is to go to Verizon or wherever and try out a BB, then head to ATT an try and iPhone... that's basically what I did and the choice was pretty simple.

frig off best browser out there.. opera mobile 9.5 is just as good if not better.

I have a HTC diamond, yes i will admit the iphones interface is very smooth and easy to use.. but windows mobile devices are much more powerful. Theres nothing like going into the registry and changing an obscure setting to make the phone do exactly as you want.
I will have the option of windows mobile 7 or android when they come out. Nobody controls what I do on my phone, and i like it.

(and theres still no msn messenger client for the iphone available through the app store, hahah)

Been debating getting an iPhone for a while now.. used to have a blackberry but new employer no longer pays for my calls like the old one!

Anyhow - went and ordered one today online, should come though tomorrow. 1500 minutes per month, loads of SMS and unlimited data... I know I'm a geek, but I'm looking forward to it coming though!

In my opinion there's nothing more to the Iphone than good marketing.
No copy paste! WTF! Yes it looks good and has multitouch (wow), but windows mobile is much more powerful and can multitask.
I have the HTC Diamond (BTW hidden feature: the Diamond is multitouch also). I love the phone! small, looks good, powerful, tweakable.
I think windows mobile is the way to go if you consider yourself a person who understands tech, and not just one that gives in to good marketing.
Maybe wait a month or two. Android is coming out soon, and Sony Ericsson is launching their new phone the X1 (looks really cool).

^ Too late I already got the Instinct.

I don't need a computer in my palm (that's where the laptop comes in). Just needed a nice new phone with decent browsing capability so I can check up on my stuff while I'm out. This does the job just fine and then some.

I am LOVING the iphone.

Im not a big Mac guy, and am on XP at home and work.

3G isnt all that great, but it will get better as the network grows, which it for sure will.

Blackberry's are for white people anyway

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.