Instinct vs. Iphone

Status
Not open for further replies.

m0rtal

King of the Jungle
Jul 3, 2007
Toronto
I need an upgrade. Since the iphone just came out here I have 2 options. My contract with my current provider expires in September and they do not carry the iphone. So it's either the instinct with them or the iphone with the other carrier.

Anyway, I know there were a few of you in other threads comparing the 2 and here's a pretty solid comparison.

I think I'm sold on the iphone even though it is missing a few things.

YouTube - Sprint Samsung Instinct vs LG Vu vs iPhone - Long Version

It rocks. Best phone I've owned, ever. I'll probably own one forever now.

I'm not a mac fanboy but this thing is definitely cool. I don't really give a shit about bluetooth stereo or mms messaging, but I DO wish there were some sort of copy and paste. Perhaps we'll see it in a future software update.

I hate Mac/Apple with a raging passion.

But. I got an iPhone 3G on launch day....

It is fucking awesome in every way, especially for affiliate marketers. 3G access is spotty, but good when you find a signal. Battery life is the one big con -- you will not make it through a full day of medium use (couple calls, hour or two of web surfing, bunch of text messages and e-mail...).

That aside, it's a fucking awesome phone.

I hate Mac/Apple with a raging passion.

But. I got an iPhone 3G on launch day....

It is fucking awesome in every way, especially for affiliate marketers. 3G access is spotty, but good when you find a signal. Battery life is the one big con -- you will not make it through a full day of medium use (couple calls, hour or two of web surfing, bunch of text messages and e-mail...).

That aside, it's a fucking awesome phone.

Sounds pretty not fucking awesome when you can't use it or even put another charged battery in it to keep going.

Long live the Blackberry.

^how does the browser compare, that's the main selling point for me.

There is no comparison. iPhone browser is the best out there. Best way to decide is to go to Verizon or wherever and try out a BB, then head to ATT an try and iPhone... that's basically what I did and the choice was pretty simple.

smart phones don't have great battery life.
blackberry has the upper hand there, but if you want more than email...

one drawback on the iPhone - I'm presuming you can't change the battery?

The nokia N series has some cool stuff too. www.nseries.com
No touch screens, but some of the best phones.

^ I checked out the 2 main providers here and they don't have it. Went to where to buy on that site and Canada isn't even on the drop down.

Guess I'm gonna just wait till Sept when my contract expires and join the iphonez club.

Honestly I'd like to stick to Rogers or Bell...nothing against Telus just that I've never dealt with them at all and wouldn't feel good about locking into a contract with them.

Yea I know you don't have to go into a contract but I'm not looking to switch back and forth after I just spent $500 on a phone (no contract price) if I'm not satisfied with them.

I've been pretty happy with Bell thus far and many friends seem to be happy with Rogers, I don't know many people with Telus. Thanks for the suggestion though.

There is no comparison. iPhone browser is the best out there. Best way to decide is to go to Verizon or wherever and try out a BB, then head to ATT an try and iPhone... that's basically what I did and the choice was pretty simple.

Well yeah the stock browser blows ass, but have you even bothered to try Opera Mini? It doesn't come stock on a blackberry but can be added easily.

Mozilla will be coming out with a mobile browser also.

Well yeah the stock browser blows ass, but have you even bothered to try Opera Mini? It doesn't come stock on a blackberry but can be added easily.

Mozilla will be coming out with a mobile browser also.

Yeah I was checking that out, seems you can get it on the instinct too.

So I got the Instinct today and I love it so far. The browser is fine to me. I settled for it because the plans for the iphone are a straight ripoff (no unlimited browsing). Meanwhile for the Instinct I got unlimited browsing for $10/month.

It's not about the money but Roger's plans for the Iphone are just trash for a phone that's barely any better if that.

O - you're in Canada. I just looked over there under the Lion. Ya Rogers is insane from what I hear. There will be pissed off people when they get their first bill on a 3G iphone and had no idea how much bandwidth they were using.

Everyone was talking phones in this thread but Sprint is a more advanced system overall than ATT. CDMA (the Sprint System) should be better for calls and data in the long run. And battery life as well.

I picked up the Instinct recently as well. Firstly, because I hate both AT&T and Apple, second because the monthly plan for the iPhone is a rip off.

Instinct with unlimited text, unlimited data, unlimited live TV, unlimited radio, etc... less than $70/month total.

The browser ain't as good, but it's still a full browser. I go on eTrade and check my stocks (which is a very JavaScript intensive site), log on to Wachovia to find out where the fuck my money disappeared to after I saw my ATM balance, etc.

And I tend to be stuck waiting for my girlfriend in the car a lot, so I watch Comedy Central on the live TV while I'm waiting.

I thought I would hate the iphone so I never got one b/c of the lack of a real keyboard.. I bought the 3g with the intention i'd sell it when the bb bold came out. Gotta say, I love the iphone 3g wouldn't go back. Web is awesome as well as other apps.. downsides: doesen't multitask until jailbroken and you need to dim the phone to get good battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.