I'm thinking about getting a puppy, but I'm worried it will ruin my productivity...

Agree they are just like having semi retarded kids. Love my dogs. I have 2 and dog sit a 2nd weekly. I am only at my house 1 maybe 2 weeks out of the month. I have to hire a dog / house sitter when I leave.

My dog's are my best friends and most amazing things in my life. I could have nothing, if they were there I would be happy.

Animals are a big responsibility, not too unlike having kids. You have to feed them, walk them, bathe them, keep them parasite and disease free, train them and keep them out of getting into trouble. People that don't do these things are neglectful IMO and shouldn't own pets. We love our pets and they are very much a part of the family to the point of being somewhat spoiled, but I wouldn't have it any other way. They don't keep you from travelling, but you need to put measures in place to make sure they are looked after a good as if you were home doing it yourself, like BigWill above.

Veronica...

dag.jpg

Ohhh, pet picture thread now! From quite a while ago, but:

White guy is the best friend and security guard you could hope for. Nobody gets into this house without his approval. Brown dog is fully grown now, and a great boy, but still a shithead in ways. No harm to anyone though -- he's all bark, no bite.

zSorlkp.jpg

Gratz to Dumdum and Fatbat for having such nice partners :). Like said earlier OP, I think your main priority question should have been on the responsibility part. I've seen too many pets been abandon due to irresponsible owners, who took them in merely because they were cute without thinking of the consequences.

I don't care for dogs, but have a bearded dragon. Every dog I have come in contact with has had way too much energy for my tastes.

sSMx8JK.jpg

I want all of your pets.

A pet is missing from my life.

EDIT: except cats. cats suck.

Cats usually don't consider themselves your pets, but the other way around:

winz4dB.jpg

If you get a dog, maybe he'll do something like this when you need cheering up:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neOTV3wZsSc]Dog Dancing To Eminem "Shake That Ass For Me" - YouTube[/ame]

Or you could be an asshole, treat him like a toy, and do something like this to him:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt_RYGXJiek]lets pray before you have your food :) - YouTube[/ame]

Od1iqQi.jpg

The mistake we made was getting a puppy without living in a place with a garden. Beagles are really nice by the way and would definitely get one again if we had the garden.

Cats can help guard against some things...
vpqiOgI.jpg

For now it is persian cats all the way...
LjLjc9d.jpg
siN5h5C.jpg

Q3MjcHX.jpg
IyAnzQ9.jpg

attachment.php

Front is Desire, back is Destiny. They are mother and daughter. Looking to get a 3rd piggie soon.

Funny, I'm on guinea pig forums and it is only me with chicks who act like they are 14.

Attachments

• IMG_20130512_210519.jpg
    IMG_20130512_210519.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 127