I'm Paranoid. How do I Disappear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh sorry, guess I wasn't clear. I was warning people not to click on the link that droplister put up with my name on it. It's a big ole boo hole, but it doesn't spin - it's just there looking at you.

I was dickrolled a few weeks back. That is what started me worrying.

i had to click on drop's link just to see

Oh sorry, guess I wasn't clear. I was warning people not to click on the link that droplister put up with my name on it. It's a big ole boo hole, but it doesn't spin - it's just there looking at you.

tor.eff.org and the tor firefox plugin. its not that complicated, just click the tor icon in firefox when the plugin is installed and it turns on.

Bwuahhahaaahahahah, I think you need your own computer... I got Dickrolled like 25 times in the last few weeks, I wouldnt even bother to block the websites, everytime my wife see the page she laughs and is like " they got you again huh?"

It's part of the learning experience...

LOL, think this is the first time I've seen someone considering moving across town to avoid getting dickrolled.

Question: If I move will my IP address change? Is across town far enough?

When the apple was set up, my daughter's name was put on it, so it clearly says it is her computer. Can that be changed? Do all of your computer's say your name on it?

She is not so happy with some of the things I have accessed on her computer. I know there is a way to be cloaked or something. Do any of you do that? Any suggestions on where to start?

First If you are using her computer you should (if you don't) have your own username on the computer. If you don't open system preferences in the applications folder and click accounts. Once you are in there you click the plus sign to add a user. You might need a password to do this depending. Enter the information asked for and you'll be gold. If you have your own user name everything you do on there will be private, based on her apparent computer knowledge.

From what you said you did nothing bad and nothing that could get you into any trouble with anyone other than your daughter,

When you are on WF it is best to not click on any without putting your mouse over it and looking at the address of the link at the bottom of the window. If the link looks suspicious don't click it.

If you do click a link like makemoniesonline and you can't get it to close this is what to do. Right click on the icon for the browser you are using (safari, firefox, etc.) and when the pop-up menu pops up click "force quit". This will kill the application and prevent you from having to get embarrassing help from your relatives.

To block your computer from being able to go to these sites you need to write down the address when you go to one then do the following.

Open terminal, it's located in the utilities inside the applications folder. Once you open it do the following.

type vi /etc/hosts this will put you into the vi editor.
press i to enter input mode
type 127.0.0.1 makemoniesonline.com

remove the www from the addresses from your entries.
Each entry should be on a separate line.
You can block any site you want with this, including if you want sites that serve ads, the pages that have the ads would load but not show the ads.

When you are done press the escape key to exit input mode.
type :wq to write the file and quit vi

You can now quit terminal.

If you need more Mac help PM me.

Thank You very much for the kind offer. And thanks to everyone for all the helpful info you've given. My son-in-law knows the most about computers in the house, but he didn't know about a lot of the stuff ya'll mentioned here. So... we are all learning new things.:conehead:

Status
Not open for further replies.