If You Had To Get A Job?

Zos0r

Oct 15, 2009
I thought I might ask this on behalf of those of us who don't have enough to do their own thing yet.

Let's say you just needed the cash flow to float yourself, what kind of job would you get if you had to?

Better yet, what were some of the more tolerable jobs you guys held?

I know the principles of PPC and WH SEO. I have a good idea for what sells/converts for lots of demographics. I could probably sell IM services to businesses for the right company (I'm 27). I thought about flipping content for awhile but it almost seems like a job in the mall would be better than that.

What do you guys think?

Personally, I would go to Comcast for sales and way over-sell myself. It's a job that you can do from home and the better you get at selling the more money you get(small commission based). Try to go to Comcast and get a sales position, lie on your resume and say you are an awesome sales person then go to gigapedia.com and start downloading a few sales books. If you're a good people person, this job becomes better.

Seriously, lie on the resume though and say that you have sales experience with verizon or something, otherwise you probably won't get through the door.

I would goto cdkitchen and take all their top recipes in a theme and open a corner stand in a busy office area. I would sell food and and invest 100% of the money back in or as much as I could until I could get my own restaurant and go from there. Get popular, franchise, yada yada

Always wanted to do that, would be fun. You should do it.. yupp.

Local SEO for businesses is my cash flow.

Honestly though. I would be a receptionist if it payed well enough. You sit and greet people all day, flirt with girls and surf the internet.

I would goto cdkitchen and take all their top recipes in a theme and open a corner stand in a busy office area. I would sell food and and invest 100% of the money back in or as much as I could until I could get my own restaurant and go from there. Get popular, franchise, yada yada

Always wanted to do that, would be fun. You should do it.. yupp.

yikes! I meet with restaurant owners weekly and about 90% of them work 16 hour days. the ones that are smart enough to hire a manager and do something else with their time end up getting ripped off by the managers and/or employees. I do not envy this group of people.

Me on the other hand, if I had to choose I would choose the job that my brother does. Coming in late for work, sitting on his butt trying to stay awake surfing the net and watching movies, take a 3 hr lunch break, go home early...I think we call those guys government workers.

What is this "job" you speak of. Sounds horrible.

Actually go bartend. It's fun and while you are working people keep handing you money. A few years ago I took a bartending course just to get the hell out of the house.

Turned into something I do regularly as my own gig. The vfw, firehalls, etc... all call me when they don't have a bartender for something. I usually make 500 bucks for the day, meet new people, and get seo clients :)

I get paid to show up, paid for the liquor, tipped by most of the folks (even on an open bar), and I usually put up my cards and my buddies cards (he's a contractor) and they all get taken.

Hell if nothing else the bartending course was cool. Spent a week learning to mix drinks with colored water, then two weeks hanging out at a bar and serving/ trying shit out. 2 guys in the course and 18 girls. All of us drunk for 2 weeks straight............ hell if you can't get laid you should go take one of the courses because that will fix that.

Sales FTW. Big money and you do fuck all. If you aren't afraid of words (like "no") or picking up the phone, this is what I would do. Hell of a rush too, stacking those commission checks.

I've always thought being a mattress tester would be the shit. Get paid to sleep and find out how heavy of an object will spill a glass of wine. That's the bee's knees right there.

After watching American Pickers on History, I think that sounds great. I wish I knew enough about antiques to go to auctions, estate sales, yard sales, people's messy yards, etc and find treasure.

I guess that's more of a business than a job though. If I had to get a job....oh how depressing.