If Acai revenue model changed, would you still promote it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that you're missing is the fact that most of the companies doing rebills/continuity programs are much savvier than you would think about protecting themselves in terms of charge backs and such with multiple merchant accounts (and by multiple, I mean *alot*). VISA/MC really have know way of clearly distinguishing whether your a scummy rebill or a legitimate one if the merchant is intelligent enough to spread stuff around ;).

no, I'm not missing anything...

I know all the ins and outs of chargeback leveling...

visa knows a lot more than you give them credit for... they aren't stupid...

I always buy products that I have to write a sales page for, including Acai. The presentation, lack of directions and lack of even some simple weight loss tips baffled me. Some of these Acai retailers are just begging for a charge back and a visit to the TMF (Terminated Merchant File). Once your SS# is there, it's almost impossible to get out.

It's not the model - it's how you disclose what you are doing. The companies that have the big bold tos don't convert. Deceptive advertising is a fine line to walk and no one knows exactly where the line is.

Ringtones converted way better when you could say FREE all over the place and not really mention they were joining a club. Same with free credit reports. I recall not having to say they were "enrolling"

There is nothing inherently wrong with offering a trial and then billing. These companies are doing all sorts of things that are not exactly ethical though and it all comes down to if they get big enough for anyone to care.

As for the original question, I think the danger with the model comes from the fact that the affiliate networks are floating way more cash then they can afford. Basically acting like a bank for these merchants. Tough time to do that and do not be surprised if a network goes under....

OTOH, many here are also correct in that the model is old and that good companies can and will make it work. For affiliates, it may mean a bit lower conversions though because the "fly by nights" based in Florida convert better :)

Nothing is wrong with the rebill model. Lots of companies do it.

Freecreditreport.com, pc professor, AOL(when they were alive) ect ect

Its huge in adult and has been around for over 10 years now. Adult is even worse, not only do they hit you with the 1 free trial, but they have prechecked crossales with 2 other offers that have free trials also. Hitting the subscriber for $90-$100+ per month per each free trial.

Its not going anywhere

right

and if you had TOS right in the middle of the landing page like they do at freecreditreport.com, there would be never be an issue.

Let the advertisers and the merchants deal with all the TOS and Visa and all that noise. The advantage of being an affiliate is that you are not building your entire business on a single offer (or at least you shouldn't be). If Acai stops being profitable, switch to a new offer. Heck, I'd do it now before you lose your breadwinner. Diversity is the name of the game.

Has anybody here tried out the berries for themselves?
As a fruit, yes. As a processed product, no, and I have no intention of it.

It's kinda sweet, and the flesh is kinda thin. Texture wise, it was similar to black cherries.

No great shakes, really, and at the price, Is really just one of those "So I've tried it" things. If I want antioxidants and delicious flavour, I'll stick to blackberries and plums. They're not a massive rip off.

Continuity has been around forever and will stick around. Advertisers need to stick on the cutting edge of things to make new offers :).

I got my wheels churning now for the next hot offer... Selling eBooks with monthly newsletters have never been so profitable! Haha.

Has anybody here tried out the berries for themselves?

it's good shit, no joke. there's a juice store franchise in canada called "booster juice" that's been selling acai smoothies and what not here for at least 4-5 years now, at least. but oprah made it hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.