Ideas Needed To Develop a PR8 Domain

Careful - if the dictionary name is also the old company's name, you might be in trouble - since most companies keep the trademarks of merged companies - meaning that they could come after you for the domain if they feel it's being misused.

Avoid doing phishing because (asides from being douchy), it'll also increase the chance they realize they don't own the domain anymore. If I were you I'd sell the links to financial sites and get a few make money articles going and slap some ads on it. If it's PR8 and in dmoz, likely is getting some good traffic.

What about not doing traditional affilaite stuff and contact someone about selling leads?

Make site with good content.
Get Traffic
Get Leads
Profit?

Trading affiliate program provide handsome payout (up to $500 CPA), and I can collect the leads at the same time too.

Careful - if the dictionary name is also the old company's name, you might be in trouble - since most companies keep the trademarks of merged companies - meaning that they could come after you for the domain if they feel it's being misused.

Avoid doing phishing because (asides from being douchy), it'll also increase the chance they realize they don't own the domain anymore. If I were you I'd sell the links to financial sites and get a few make money articles going and slap some ads on it. If it's PR8 and in dmoz, likely is getting some good traffic.

The dictionary name is very generic, it's "part" of the old company's name. There are several HUGE financial companies using this dictionary in their names too, because it's too generic. I've checked the US trademark, no one is able to register this dictionary word alone as trademark (only in combination).

I'm not doing phishing of course, it will kill the possibility of selling the name in the future (maybe some of those HUGE financial companies might be interested in acquiring this domain, who knows). I don't think the traffic is good (high PR and in dmoz doesn't guarantee that) - Alexa can tell a little. :)

Why the hell drop almost 3k on a domain and not know WTF to do with it ?

I sure as hell wouldn't make a directory, or sell links on it... this is, short-term thinking about 'easy' pennies.

If it has STRONG links, and even one DMOZ link to it then you need to develop it, make it into a quality site, and then setup discreet affiliate links built-in to the content, or flip the entire site when it starts to rank.

I wouldn't care about PR if it has links like you say it does work on rebuilding a quality site ASAP on the same topic (financial).

Just an Update:

1. The PR is valid. It is a solid PR8 now. When I bought this domain, the nameserver was not resolving for weeks, so the PR going to grey color (which scared the shit out of me). But a few days ago, it picked up again - and stayed at PR8. :)

2. It has several strong backlinks. 3 DMOZ and a few Google directory and some authority financial websites.

3. The domain is not dropped when I acquired this. So the domain age is now 16 years+

4. I am planning to build a financial website - trying to aim the whole fucking niche. :) But too bad the Sandy bitch delayed my progress, as my article writer is based in New York.

Why the hell drop almost 3k on a domain and not know WTF to do with it ?

I sure as hell wouldn't make a directory, or sell links on it... this is, short-term thinking about 'easy' pennies.

If it has STRONG links, and even one DMOZ link to it then you need to develop it, make it into a quality site, and then setup discreet affiliate links built-in to the content, or flip the entire site when it starts to rank.

Hah, impulsive buying and bidding! You know the fucking Ccarter'ss thread on godaddy expiring domain got everyone on WF crazy on domains (at least for awhile).
http://www.wickedfire.com/enlightened-members/165861-case-study-additional-traffic-sources.html