Idea Thread For Wicked Fire Get Ripped Challenge Round Two

Human

X
Nov 24, 2009
<hurrdurr>

Okay, so turnout at the beginning for the Wickedfire Workout competition was pretty nice, there were about 25 people who signed up and made an intro thread. However, as Dreamache stated, less than half a dozen of us posted final stats at the end, and only four of us took beginning and ending photos to assist in gauging accomplishments.

Several suggestions have been made to have a second round of the workout competition, as there were quite a few people who discovered it in mid-February, and even after the competition was over, and had no time to prepare a workout, or post results.

Gary already has a nicely put-together phpBB forum put together on the domain 2010 WickedFire.com Body Transformation Competition, and I thank him for putting this whole thing together, as well as lemon116/James_Clarke for coming up with the general idea back several months ago.

A suggestion was made on the "choose the winner" thread about having the competition last for six months instead of three, so that there is more time to make up for any lost time due to laziness or injury, and a better result can be shown for the final stage. I personally think that this is a great idea, but it needs to be addressed.

One thing that needs to be covered is how often people will update their results and progress. I admit that I went a little overboard in the first round and tracked everything I ate and how I worked out every day, and posted it to the thread. While others posted every week or every few weeks with their progress. How should this be regulated?

I love the general idea of this, but I believe that ideas and suggestions should be pooled together before the competition starts up this time, as there appears to be a larger turnout anticipated.

<hurrdurr>

posting a couple times a week i think is necessary.

This can help keep people interested in the challenge (and sticking to their diets and workouts), as they try to beat one another.

I also think the before and after pics are a MUST. No pics? No contest. Tons of buttfucks here would cheat like a husband married to a 300 lb woman.

I am proud of you guys who did the challenge. (i did my own during the contest and went from 225- 213. yay!)
KICK ASS

I think just another 3-4 month contest would keep it short enough to keep everyone interested in posting. An auto email from the forum when people haven't posted an update in X number of days might keep it moving along better too.

P.S. If members voted me the winner of Round 2, I would shave a giant "WF" in my chest hair in their honor..

Yeah, I second the 3-4 month contest. I could only be involved for that length of time, since I'm moving to Miami and would probably find it hard to work out during/beyond the move.

I'll do it anyway. It's YOUR MOVE. *throws football*

*locates football in air, spiraling towards, raises hands in perfect Randy Moss-like catching motion, then visualizes explaining to GirlFriend why there are now 2 alphabetical characters shaved into chest, sighs and pretends to lose sight of football in sun, jogs back to huddle empty-handed*

Reactions: Human
*locates football in air, spiraling towards, raises hands in perfect Randy Moss-like catching motion, then visualizes explaining to GirlFriend why there are now 2 alphabetical characters shaved into chest, sighs and pretends to lose sight of football in sun, jogs back to huddle empty-handed*

People to +rep tomorrow

Infinite Keith
mont7071

Can I make a suggestion? That we have a "by proxy" section. For those of us that either don't need to do much (a few pounds), have our own goals that don't really go with the contest, or don't feel comfortable posting half naked pictures of ourselves on the internet.

I used the forum as my own personal journal/motivator/reminder and was never intent on being in the contest but got some personal gain (loss?) out of it, regardless.

Are we set for WF Body Transformation-Round 2 to start April 15th? That's my least favorite day of the year anyways, might as well start it off by posting half-naked pics of myself on the Internet for criticism, abuse and lulz..

Dreamache, make it happen with that fancy phpBB site of yours, maybe we'll get more entries this time around.

suggestion. Require before photos so show both relaxed and flexed versions of front and side shots. This will quell any nonsense in the voting that we ran into this round.