Iceland volcano and flights

There is no excuse for missing an Ad:Tech meeting quite like a volcano blew up so i have to stay home.....

I always shit my pants when flying ryanair. They purchase planes no longer needed by other companies, and hire pilots who were practically forced into retirement. They're enforcing a cost to use the shitter, and at one point were in discussion about people standing or something.

Dirt cheap, so I still fly with 'em.

Lol that'd be hilarious if they force people to stand the whole flight.

Looks like I'm not going adtech anymore :( After being on hold for 2 hours, next avail flight was 23rd. Got fully refunded though.

Was looking forward to this conference as well :/

Oh an easyjet suck too, flew my friends out with easyjet and they broke everyones suitcase. We missed our first flight, and BA wouldn't rebook us on top lol.

I got really lucky.

Came to the airport thursday in the morning, was told everything to and from london was cancelled. Got rebooked to Lufthansa (nobody could tell me 100% they were flying) and luckily Lufthansa decided to fly around the cloud. After all, I made it into SFO with about 4-5hrs delay. At first I was pretty pissed since I had lost the best seat on the 747 (64A) but then I realized that I was in fact one of the few EU travellers that made it into the states that day (didn't even have to wait at immigrations lmao)

Now I'm chillin in LA after a road trip and wondering if I'll be able to make it back on wednesday, lol. Seems like its gonna be a few days till everything gets back to normal. Hopefully they'll make me fly to NY so I can catch a direct flight to Zurich if they cant fly out of SF on wed.