Iceland volcano and flights

Sohan

I'm a 'libtard'
Jul 5, 2008
sohantanna.com
Anyone elses flight get cancelled? I just my notice saying mine has with Virgin Atlantic VS19.

Due to the closure of UK airspace the VS0019 {Date} is cancelled. Contact your travel agent or for direct bookings only call Virgin Atlantic on 0844 579 1111 to rebook or obtain a refund. Note seats may not be available in the next few days. Please note you may experience long wait times.

Not sure when the airspace will open again :/

This thing looks like the smug cloud from South Park.

ALBERT_ICELAND_VOLC_104633f.jpg

Yeah I'm in the UK and all flights in our out have been cancelled for two days.

The volcanos in Iceland have been erupting for weeks now with zero news coverage, but if the British public are suddenly stopped from getting their bargain $30 flights to Europe there's MASSIVE UPROAR and it suddenly becomes bigger news than the government elections :)

Yeah I'm in the UK and all flights in our out have been cancelled for two days.

The volcanos in Iceland have been erupting for weeks now with zero news coverage, but if the British public are suddenly stopped from getting their bargain $30 flights to Europe there's MASSIVE UPROAR and it suddenly becomes bigger news than the government elections :)

Well of course, I remember the indonesia tsunami, and most of what BBC was reporting on was all the british tourist upset that they couldn't get a flight out of the country back to britain.

Thanks for the link. I'm hitting the UK/Scotland this summer and wanted to visit friends in Germany as well so this will come in handy.

I always shit my pants when flying ryanair. They purchase planes no longer needed by other companies, and hire pilots who were practically forced into retirement. They're enforcing a cost to use the shitter, and at one point were in discussion about people standing or something.

Dirt cheap, so I still fly with 'em.

I always shit my pants when flying ryanair. They purchase planes no longer needed by other companies, and hire pilots who were practically forced into retirement. They're enforcing a cost to use the shitter, and at one point were in discussion about people standing or something.

I'm prior military and have taken mac flights several times. It can't be worse than hitting turbulence in a cargo freighter over the bermuda triangle. And as for charging for facilities, I'll just bring an empty Gatorade bottle and give everyone on board a story to tell for the rest of their lives.

southwest has deals like that here...philly to boston for like $39...he said euro by the way, not dollar...

Actually, I think its in pounds if I'm reading the site correctly. Still a good deal though. And I'm out of Atlanta so its usually not too hard to find really good deals as long as its to another major hub. ATL to NYC for ~$99, etc.

RyanAir is awesome... for a flying bus. Flew on RA from Dublin to Liverpool and London to Amsterdam. The seat backs are plastic, no pockets, and the safety "cards" are printed stickers on the back of the seats. I was also trying to sleep and they will get in your face and wake you up when they bring duty-free crap by.

Still, flights ��cost £1 plus £49 in taxes to land in an airport (something like that)... can't beat it.

What I want to know is: if Haiti sold itself to the Devil, WTF did Iceland do to incur the wrath? Produce and export Bjork?

I am sure Ryanair bought a new fleet of brand new aircraft recently. The stuff about standing etc is classic viral marketing!