I just moved across the world (and by just I mean 3 weeks ago)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hookshot

Apr 28, 2008
While I was born and raised in Canada, my fiancee lives in Australia. When we got engaged we decided I would move over there until we (in his words) "became rich from your internet stuff".

So on May 28th, I flew to Australia, with all of my worldly possessions in 2 suitcases.

In another move of stupidity we decided to move at the end of his lease to a bigger place, and that's in about 2 weeks now, so basically I got to Australia and got to find a new place to live right away... in a week or so though we should be settled and hopefully I can get right back into my affiliate marketing stuff in full swing...

You rock. I'll be joining you soon. Moving to Indonesia. But I've plenty of friends in oz.

We should talk about some of the unique opportunities on that side of the world.

You rock. I'll be joining you soon. Moving to Indonesia. But I've plenty of friends in oz.

We should talk about some of the unique opportunities on that side of the world.

Wow thats cool what part of indonesia? I going to be moving to bali...Right now im in singapore so pretty far from good old texas...

Hehehehe. Aussies love Thailand, I haven't always been partial to every Aussie I meet, but I'm sure not all of them could be as horrible as the ones I've met. This side of the world has a lot more flavor than those on the Americas' side.

Hazzan. Let's do it. Plenty of Asians to target, just gotta figure out how.

Wow thats cool what part of indonesia? I going to be moving to bali...Right now im in singapore so pretty far from good old texas...

shit dude, Bali is cool place. Lots of good chicks and full of foreigner, not rare you guys decided to stay in Bali for the rest of your life rofl. I mean, the beach... night life entertainment.. and strong sense of cultural art from its native.. hmm...

@Hazzan, if you moving to Jakarta let me know dude. Let's hit Kemang Street together (if you love clubbing :p)

This begs the question. Where are you moving FROM? :)

And why?

HH

shit dude, Bali is cool place. Lots of good chicks and full of foreigner, not rare you guys decided to stay in Bali for the rest of your life rofl. I mean, the beach... night life entertainment.. and strong sense of cultural art from its native.. hmm...

@Hazzan, if you moving to Jakarta let me know dude. Let's hit Kemang Street together (if you love clubbing :p)

Kemang street.... now that's a place i should check out.

If my affiliate marketing was in full swing i'd be in Kenya right now probably :)

HH

Wow, I went from USA to phillipines, and a friend I met here hits Bali all the time. Guess have asia in my blood!

Nice, good to see there's so many WFers on this side of the world! Pax, will be checking out that forum ASAP!

Still haven't gone to Bali. Too afraid I'll get arrested for having a boogie board bag filled with weed... cause you know, that's how I usually travel...

Seriously though, hookshot, congrats on the move. I think you'll like things here.
I apologise in advance for people assuming you're American. It'll happen... a lot...

If you guys are willing to shuffle about a bit, Adelaide, whilst a little on the sleepy side, has some really good property prices at the moment. Pretty much the only mainland State that's still got affordable housing for both rental and purchase.
Unless you're willing to drive 90 minutes to get into the city, forget Melbourne & Sydney at the moment. Not only is the rent astronomical, vacancy rates are less than 1% within 30km of the CBD in both cities.
I'm trying to find a place in Melbourne at the moment... Sydney's getting to me, even the leSands is a nice suburb.

@hookshot, I'm in a very similar boat. Canadian born, lived there for 25+ years, moved to Australia about a decade ago. Came over single with a backpack, now have wife, kids, mortgage etc. All good.

What part of Oz you in?

Nice anyone going to be in Bali around mid august? I'm doing a little s.e. asia trip pretty soon and ending there!

I lived in Jakarta and Surabaya, but traveled all over. When I go back I'm looking at living in yogya; in my opinion the coolest place in Indo.

Hehehehe. Aussies love Thailand, I haven't always been partial to every Aussie I meet, but I'm sure not all of them could be as horrible as the ones I've met. This side of the world has a lot more flavor than those on the Americas' side.

Hazzan. Let's do it. Plenty of Asians to target, just gotta figure out how.

Cool, thread subscribed. Will be in touch.

I'll definitely be stopping in Jakarta, will certainly hit you up

@ hookshot... so.. how is your Trails Trial going?

::emp::

I have been thinking of moving to Indonesia.

Still in Sydney at the moment though.

Who else is from Singapore here? Maybe we could meet up some time and have a few beers.

Status
Not open for further replies.