I got my thinking cap on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

arconis

Used Receptacle
Oct 30, 2008
I just had an idea after takin a few hits of some fine hydroponics...

It revolves around finding sources of getting new content for website. I was wondering if there is a program that will recognize speech in a podcast or live broadcast and turn it into words/articles? We must be able to speak at 100 words per minute or so...thats a lot of quick content...especially in interviews and shows where multiple people are participating...

Good idea? If it is feel free to put it to good use ;)

lol you are high.

Dragonspeak is the best one there is.
Here's what you should do while you're still baked....
Get dragonspeak or similar voice recognition program. Open up a browser to a page with a text box and a submit button. Write a javascript that submits the form when xxxx amount of characters are reached and have the form put the content into autogenned websites. Get a wireless mic and go down to the local bus stop and plant it under a bench.

Step 2 ?????

Step 3 PROFIT!

Someone posted this idea a while back, and someone else pointed out (I think it was Smaxor) that it's difficult to scale the idea because the processing requirements are too high. That doesn't mean you shouldn't try it, but it's just something to look out for if you do.

This idea has some serious opportunities. Sneak a mic into corporate meetings, Post news soon after it is broadcast.

Wow, I never thought of using it like that. Dragon Naturally Speaking is supposedly the best if you wanted to try it out.

lol you are high.

Dragonspeak is the best one there is.
Here's what you should do while you're still baked....
Get dragonspeak or similar voice recognition program. Open up a browser to a page with a text box and a submit button. Write a javascript that submits the form when xxxx amount of characters are reached and have the form put the content into autogenned websites. Get a wireless mic and go down to the local bus stop and plant it under a bench.

Step 2 ?????

Step 3 PROFIT!

Solid idea. Needs some editing on step 2 (possibly keyword headings and reorganization) But solid gold idea.

Something you should keep in mind if doing this from national broadcast sources like news, radio is that they are usually reading from something that is probably already online somewhere.

But if you live in a smaller area and are efficient, you could probably get the local stuff online before they do.

Also, if you are good with audio/video, it is not too difficult to separate closed-captioning/TDD from a signal, so there's another thing you can look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.