HowTo: Writing good sales copy for PPC->A.M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course it is. So is info on almost every other subject on the planet. Come to think of it, maybe this whole forum is pointless seeings how we could just Google our way to uber AM knowledge and wealth instead of helping each other out and share experience.

nah your posts are just pointles. You restate the obvious as if you discovered something revolutionary. No need to be a bitch about it.

nah your posts are just pointles. You restate the obvious as if you discovered something revolutionary. No need to be a bitch about it.
I Thought the post was very informative. Please keep the critisim to a minimum. All post are not going to relate to all members.

Thanks for posting this, ImagesAndWords. Your thread is very informative and useful mainly for the beginners like me.

Nice post, bud. +rep. Whether or not it is elementary to most, as someone else mentioned, by occassionally being reminded of fundamentals you can steer yourself back in the right direction.

Perhaps you are getting to bogged down analyzing your PPC campaign, and you are neglecting your content and sales copy. There are many different examples of how taking a step back and rethinking the ENTIRE project can be VERY helpful.

I am having a somewhat hard time getting enough good keywords into my sales copy. If this is what EFUT was referring to when he said that sales copy is terrible for SEO, that is funny. It's more like if you are writing sales copy it can be difficult to make rich content with good keywords (not overstuffed). Basically, it comes down to being lazy and not taking the time to develop your content.

I just finished my sales copy for a new niche, and I can honestly say that this is probably its 10th draft before I settled on good copy. Yes, it is tough to write good sales copy. But with practice, and a solid grasp on the fundamentals that images rehashed, a happy medium can be struck between keyword density, believability and convertability.

Thanks a lot! Good for me I've gone through about 15 to two tabs worth of stuff today and this one helps... keep it simple.

Thanks again

Thanks thanks thanks lets all give thanks for copy patse info.

Here is a tip you wont find anywhere elkse regarding sales pages

Use a content generator to create thousands of landing pages for the keyword combination that pertain to your sales pitch. Then redirect them to your sales page domain. Presto free SEO traffic.

Stufing your sales page with keywords may get it banned form the search engines, it wont help your ranking much if any, and it looks unprofessional and spammy.

Thanks thanks thanks lets all give thanks for copy patse info.
Look, YOU didn't obviously like this thread to begin with but many people found it useful. I never claimed to begin with that this was any revolutionary or incredible ideas no one had ever heard of before! Like many have said - it's very easy to forget the simple things and that is why I posted this thread. Lots of other useful threads are the same way. Sure, the info can be found elsewhere but I still love all the great tips and info gathered on this site.
So far, most everyone agrees with me and thinks you should keep your comments to yourself.

Here is a tip you wont find anywhere elkse regarding sales pages
And with good reason...

Use a content generator to create thousands of landing pages for the keyword combination that pertain to your sales pitch. Then redirect them to your sales page domain. Presto free SEO traffic.
Yeah, and presto: Crap landing pages that have nothing to do with preselling to the visitor. :D

Stufing your sales page with keywords may get it banned form the search engines, it wont help your ranking much if any, and it looks unprofessional and spammy.

Exactly, stuffing would be just as bad as generated content and I would refrain from doing either.

To add onto this thread...

As I posted earlier in the thread, I'm relatively new to the whole AM game, and I feet that good copy writing is something that is essential to all online marketers.

So its something I've been reading up on quite a bit. I guess the best piece of information that I've learned thus far is:

Write out your sales pages with pen and paper. It will take you hella long, but you will end up re-reading it quite a few times...and you will be far more meticulous than typing it up in Word. I think this is a great strategy for those starting out... it should be done for at least the first 2-3 pages you write. It's helped me out tremendously and the time spent talking the "long way" is a long-term investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.