How To Post An Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

kyleirwin

Jun 25, 2006
Say you're surfing around MySpace and you find some studly, 4 year old picture of a 15 year old young man that you would like to repost on a forum. Well, your first step would be to right click on the image, and select "Save Image As..." from the dropdown box.
1hf2.jpg

You'll get a "Save Picture" popup box. In that box, type in the desired image name into the "File Name" textbox. Next, click the "Save" button to save the image to your selected location... in my case, the desktop.
2pk5.jpg

Open your web browser of choice, and navigate to ImageShack.us. When the page loads, click the "Browse" button to select your file to be uploaded.
3my1.jpg

You'll get a "Choose file" popup box. Select your desired file by single-left-clicking on the image name in the browsing window. Then click the "Open" button.
4em9.jpg

Now you've got your image path in the text box next to the "Browse" button. Leave all the other options alone... being the newb you are, you'll be sure to fuck something up. Click the "host it!" button to upload your image to the image hosting server.
5hm0.jpg

ImageShack should load a nifty little page showing a thumbnail of the image you have uploaded. There are a bunch of pre-made code to use your image in a bunch of different ways. So I don't have to explain what any of the code means, just click in the bottom box that says "Direct link to image" next to it. Assuming you have javascript enabled, it will automatically highlight all of the text within the textbox, which happens to be the direct url to the image you have uploaded. Once the text is highlighted, right click on the text and select "Copy" from the dropdown box.
6re3.jpg

Next go to the page in which you're typing your witty reponse to a thread and click the image icon (circled in red). You'll get a popup box... delete the "http://" that's already in there. Then right click in the box and select "Paste" from the dropdown box. Click the "OK" button.
7qx3.jpg

There ya go, now your image should be successfully inserted into your post. Type the rest of your post, post it, and enjoy your new found l33tness now that you're able to post images.
9hg7.jpg

Still confused? Jump in a lake.

pig2cat said:
or, you right click on the image, click properties, steal the link and leech it xd
Yeah, and get a goatse instead of your picture ;)

Anyway, rep+ for the effort, Kyle, in spite of the fact that you're one nasty little fucker and your first picture shows an invalid link. :action-smiley-052:

Hotlinked images always end up broken or get replaced by "thanks for stealing my bandwidth".

Status
Not open for further replies.