How to finance USD based campaigns from Australia (AUD)?

roboxooo

Thok
Jul 18, 2009
example.com
I am getting successful in promoting this one offer on Google Adwords.
Now the problem is that I am in Australia and my currrent cards are in AUD, but I have to pay in USD.

In order to scale that campaign to other sources, I will still have to pay in USD, as most other sources also only accept USD :\

Now only thing I have in my mind at the moment is to get an Australian Credit card with low transaction and currency conversion fees.

But there must be many or (a few) aussie IMs here. My question to them is what are you guys using? If it is credit card, then which one? If it is some thing else then what is it?

get a better credit card

or get a US bank account with a debit card attached to it.
Wire money to it then use said debit card
Though you'd probably have to have a local address (registered agent is about $75/year) and wires are around $25-30

Just because their fee is low or non-existent, doesn't mean they are not taking a few extra percent of each transaction hidden in "their" exchange rate.

So make sure to compare their actual exchange rates at as close to the same moment in time as you can. Many banks won't tell you their cut (they'll just tell you their buy/sell rates), but you can work it out.

Just because their fee is low or non-existent, doesn't mean they are not taking a few extra percent of each transaction hidden in "their" exchange rate.

So make sure to compare their actual exchange rates at as close to the same moment in time as you can. Many banks won't tell you their cut (they'll just tell you their buy/sell rates), but you can work it out.

well, this is the exact problem i am facing. currency conversion charges. and this card has no such hidden charges.

AFAIK you cant open a USD account with a debit card here in Oz, especially if you want a 0 balance account. I had one with Westpac, but no card and the fee was f**king huge - closed it.

You can try CBA, but they wanted a minimum deposit of $5k when I last checked. See if you can get a debit card for it.

You can try XYLO service, add funds to it, mainly used for FX trading and when people leave Oz to settle somewhere else.

I think your best bet, as mentioned above is a Payoneer card.

Good luck with your campaign and finding the CC that you need.

Find a card that will help you rake in miles or some other rewards. I use a Visa card that gives 2 miles per $1 spend. It's a mile avalance on my krisflyer account right now.

Always find a good rewards card to offset your forex loss.

I found payoneer shady as fuck.

Last time I checked, they would debit the amount + fees for any purchase on debit.

Funny thing, those fees.

Why? Well, because the fees differ for the type of stuff you buy ... electronics / books / food.

However, payoneer does not disclose the categories or fees.

::emp::

Payoneer does not apply different fees for different products. We don't charge for online/in store purchases, there is a fee when you withdraw cash.

The only charge that varies per transaction is currency conversion, which depends on if you are making a USD purchase or non-USD purchase.

Also, all fees are clearly listed on your My Account page, and show in the transaction list. You can contact us via live chat, telephone, or e-mail, and we also have official forums/facebook/twitter/blog.

Very nice if I can't access the my account page without having a card...

How about some useful and transparent info for a change?

Very nice if I can't access the my account page without having a card...

How about some useful and transparent info for a change?

The full pricing is also listed before you sign up. Once at the start of the application page, there is a tab for pricing and fees. This is available before starting the application, so you can feel free to view that in addition to our complete terms and conditions before applying for the card.

In addition, card application is free of charge, and you are not charged any fees until you receive your first payment.

Edit: The reason we do not list fees on our main website is because we work with thousands of companies,and we offer each one the ability to customize the service to their needs and requirements. We provide companies with global payout solutions, including many different services (US ACH, global bank transfers, paper checks, and more). Pricing may not always be the same for all our partners (companies that pay using Payoneer).

Ahh..

Here is the info for everyone:
https://payouts.payoneer.com/partners/Default/fees.aspx

• Annual card account maintenance $29.95 Per Card From available card balance each year
  • Card replacement $12.95 Per card One time - when issuing a replacement card
ATM Cash Withdrawals or Transactions
  • ATM withdrawal $3.15 * Per Trx When withdrawal is requested
  • ATM withdrawal Decline $1.00 Per Trx When withdrawal request is declined
  • ATM Balance inquiry $1.00 Per Trx When inquiry is made
  • Purchase Transaction Free * Per Trx When a card is used for purchases
* When a transaction is made as a foreign transaction or is requested in a currency other than USD, charges of up to 3% may be assessed above all charges assessed by MasterCard for the transaction.
The Payoneer Prepaid MasterCard is issued by Choice Bank Limited pursuant to license by MasterCard International Incorporated. MasterCard is a registered trademark of MasterCard International Incorporated.

So two questions:
a) what do those "up to 3%" consists of and depend on exactly?
b) Why not put up this information for everyone to see? You can put the "YMMV if with another company" up no problem.