how much are you guys losing by making use of PayPal

iwodaveh

Jul 15, 2009
Florida
now I know that PayPal is very secure and it's probably the best results resource for saving your money online. However, each month I am incurring a loss of more than $200.is there any Method through which I can make this cost comes down?

one is there any other that better website other than PayPal

Believe it or not, their fees are in line with a lot of the "regular" merchant accounts out there...

Learn how to use paypal masspay, when possible, accept payments via direct deposit or wire.

Get a paypal debit/credit card - when you use it you get 1 percent back. So it's like any money you got was a 1.9 instead of a 2.9 percent fee.

Paypals rates ARE inline with merchant accounts. Better than the one I stopped using last year because of the fee's. My current one is just a tad lower - or more depending on how I charge the cards.

Get a paypal debit/credit card - when you use it you get 1 percent back. So it's like any money you got was a 1.9 instead of a 2.9 percent fee.

Paypals rates ARE inline with merchant accounts. Better than the one I stopped using last year because of the fee's. My current one is just a tad lower - or more depending on how I charge the cards.
how can i get a paypal debit/credit card? from paypal.com?

Learn how to use paypal masspay, when possible, accept payments via direct deposit or wire.

Yep this will save you tons also try to only pay out your self or people once they hit 100.00 + and use the debt card this way it will cost you 1% and you get 1% back ;)

why are you using paypal? i get paid by direct deposit or check... open a bank account? if its the same bank as most people they can transfer money pretty easily

I have to use PayPal for recurring billing. I currently pay 2.4% and it sucks every month.

That would be one expense that I would love to remove. However, I have to do recurring C.C. billing on a monthly basis and 2.4% is about as low as I have found it.

why are you using paypal? i get paid by direct deposit or check... open a bank account? if its the same bank as most people they can transfer money pretty easily

but what is we transfer money cross boundaries as in cross countries. we cant ask someone to send a cheque as it takes too much time

1. Login to your paypal account.
2. click on "I want a paypal debit card."
3. Profit!

thanks for the tips

I use their add to cart button with a drop down menu for various prices.
Anyone use the shopping cart api and see some advantaages?

also, anyone know how to integrate google adword conversion tracking with paypal confirmation screen? I tried to set it up but can't figure out how to get them to my thankyou page after succesful checkout since they are really on paypal site at that time.

As much as I loath paypal's policies and behavior, I gained more money because of them than I lost. Try telling people you only take money orders, epassporte, etc instead of paypal, and see how much you start actually losing especially amongst US payers.

I noticed personal accounts are no longer exempt from fees (unless the sender specifically says it was a gift or something in the sending form), but then again you couldn't bring in as much anyways on a personal account anyways.

Simply put, its one of the few free-to-start merchant gateways that payers feel comfortable with (even if their purchases are not eligible for buyer protection [ie: services and intangibles])

And I don't have to pay extra just to use an IPN url (instant payment notification, where it can send transaction details to a url on my server where it can be automatically processed).

I also use 2Checkout. I was able to get a prepaid mastercard that they put my money on. I can ATM the money or spend as usual.

Alex

I'm surprised no want mentioned paypal's arbitrage i.e. that fake as 3 business day float of theirs. It's so bogus. When you transfer money it can go through pretty instantaneously - if they wanted it to.
They are making millions each year via purchasing overnight borrow/lending financial instruments and I think it should stop. The way you can tell is that if you went over your paypal balance, they'd instantly withdraw from your back up bank account - of course they could do it each way if they wanted to....

I'm surprised no want mentioned paypal's arbitrage i.e. that fake as 3 business day float of theirs. It's so bogus. When you transfer money it can go through pretty instantaneously - if they wanted it to.

They're a "deposit broker", its kind of a 'duh' about what they're doing during the transfer period.

They are making millions each year via purchasing overnight borrow/lending financial instruments and I think it should stop. The way you can tell is that if you went over your paypal balance, they'd instantly withdraw from your back up bank account - of course they could do it each way if they wanted to....

I thought they were simply depositing the transfer into their own account collecting a small % of interest before moving on into your own account (times the number of people who do that on a daily basis). But honestly in comparison to other merchants, they're still within lines in regards to the fees and transfers and such (and transfer delay could be seen as a layer of security as well), What I don't like about them is the way they handle issues, like they could lock up your account for next to no reason and you might not ever get that money back. And because they're not a bank or backed by a bank, they don't need to follow certain laws/rules that banks do.

Simply put, its one of the few free-to-start merchant gateways that payers feel comfortable with (even if their purchases are not eligible for buyer protection [ie: services and intangibles])

that also might be true, however if you use paypal to transfer money across countries, do end up paying quite a percentage on the transactions. in some cases you have to pay 3.5% + 1%. sometime is is more also.