Hmmm... Self-Arbitrage?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aim

Jan 15, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
www.webproleads.com
Hmm, so I just had an idea. I've been in the white hat world for a while and run a number of sites which rank well organically for all sorts of terms. I have made decent earnings with adsense, however that's only because of sheer volume...

for instance, I just looked at a site with 54 clicks for the day, however I'm hovering right around $3.50 so far in adsense earnings. Which got me thinking.

I'm thinking about taking adsense out all together and replacing with regular old <a href links to a couple high-paying arbitrage sites. I figure this is probably a no-loose situation, because if even 1-2 people of the 54 that clicked on adsense click on an arbi ad, I will have made my money.

Anyone ever tried anything like this?

You're unlikely to get any clicks on the links unless they are relative, in which case the same ads would be showing that you had on the original site in the first place. Which just adds an extra unnecessary step and only reduces overall clicks.

Instead of sending them to an arbi site, try sending them to affiliate products, or sub-pages saleing/reviewing the products if you want to go a step further.

I practice a similar technique and it works! Why does it work, wel lfor obvious reasons. Though these sites and their pages dont scream MFA, they are in fact MFA.

You make a site look like the autority on a certain subject, people are going to stick around and click, the deeper they go the more willing they are to click! I dont want to go on and on about how or why it works, because I dont really know, but what I do know is that if done right it does work.

Whats the first rule of thumb to making any sale? Gain the trust of the prospect, once you do that you have a sale, what you do by setting up a site like mentioned above is establish that trust, then they get swept away to another page that looks very similar, but has only one way out, well two though there is really nothing you can do to eliminate that back button, when running adsense.

The great thing about this is that you can take a site that is getting natural (FREE) traffic, say 1000 uniques a day and make a decent buck off of it, now you take 50 sites doing the same and your talking good money
!

Another plus to this would be you could open the links as _blank and not lose the visitors to your initial site.

jerxs said:
You make a site look like the autority on a certain subject, people are going to stick around and click, the deeper they go the more willing they are to click!

I agree... I'm going to play with the idea a bit. So you're saying that this would be a more effective technique for affiliate stuff, not contextual (arbi) stuff? I suppose it can't hurt to test both methods.

jerxs said:
though there is really nothing you can do to eliminate that back button, when running adsense.

Is this in the adsense tos? if so I need to go make some changes...

Another plus to this would be you could open the links as _blank and not lose the visitors to your initial site.

Sure. Although it wouldn't be too hard to throw the aff page in a floating div either, ala lightbox style.

Is this in the adsense tos? if so I need to go make some changes...
Do yourself a favor and make the changes

Sure. Although it wouldn't be too hard to throw the aff page in a floating div either, ala lightbox style.

Im pretty sure that would also violate TOS

I tend to disagree. I think your CTR is going to be lower then you expected. Maybe its because I have gotten bunk traffic in the past, but people only seem to click on what they are looking for. Banner Blindness reins supreme.

Whats the first rule of thumb to making any sale? Gain the trust of the prospect, once you do that you have a sale, what you do by setting up a site like mentioned above is establish that trust, then they get swept away to another page that looks very similar, but has only one way out, well two though there is really nothing you can do to eliminate that back button, when running adsense.

Very nice. Use the site architecture as a filter.

One way you could make this work is that you can make your arbi page more targetted toward specific high-paying keywords than you might be able to do on your main site.

One way you could make this work is that you can make your arbi page more targetted toward specific high-paying keywords than you might be able to do on your main site.

Yeah, thats exactly the point. For instance if my page is all about tv shows for example, add a link to my arbi page where the user believes they are getting more related information... i.e. "Friends boxed set for free: coupon code 'FRIENDS4FREE'" ... only the link takes them to "Chicago Mortgage Lender" arbi page, something like that. If they click the back button, what does it matter? Didn't cost me anything.

This is actually a really good idea. I've tested it on one of my sites, and it's added an extra 1% to my CTR. (which is quite a lot for a completely WH site)

Status
Not open for further replies.