Hard times cafe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

V12Kid

On Page#1 Bitches!
Jun 23, 2006
hideinmy.com
Yup folks, its hard times cafe for me as a newbie in the affiliate game. I know it takes time but here is my rant:

I am an affiliate for a company and my competitors are paying more in 1 day than I can spend in 1 month on keyword placement on google and yahoo so its really tough trying to compete.

Being on the bottom rung of the ladder I am finally starting to figure things out. I figure I need to find keywords that are not as popular but related to what im selling and capitalize it. Easier said than done I know but its a place to start my research.

Any input from the gurus is welcome and feel free to add your perspective if your a newbie like me in the same boat. :)

I've never even done any ppc stuff, but can you filter stuff by location so that they would be less of those searches ( ie less expensive )
or if the keyword is something like dvd player filter by brandname or by a particular feature?

As I said I may be talking complete rubbish but if someone comes in here to to put me right at least I'll have learned something :D

I think you're right scoby. Targeting for less populair but related keywords is easier and you will rank higher. It might not be such a big traffic magnet, but i think it will provide you of qaulity traffic, and when that site starts to grow, you could try some more populair keywords step by step.

My strategy is to start targetting subniches of a big niche, and use the power of your subniche site to launch the mother site wich will cover the main niche properly.

Also make sure you are covering more PPC engines, plus use a fraud filter like Adwatcher.com

Also try out 3rd tier PPC engines like searchfeed or 7search. The benefit is that you can get clicks as cheap as $ .01, but the quality of traffic usually isn't as good as you would likely get from the major search engines.

V12Kid said:
why would a 3rd tier be bad if the person on the other end is actually looking for your product?
Not necessarily bad, but the end user has usually been through one more click. First they search in major engine like google and click on a listing which takes them to a site displaying results from the 3rd tier engine (including your advertisement). Then they click on your advertisement which takes them to your site.

addict said:
Also try out 3rd tier PPC engines like searchfeed or 7search. The benefit is that you can get clicks as cheap as $ .01, but the quality of traffic usually isn't as good as you would likely get from the major search engines.

yeah there is a lot of click fraud..and a lot of argueing with the people about the clicks.

darkdrift said:
yeah there is a lot of click fraud..and a lot of argueing with the people about the clicks.

In my experience, it's google, overture, and adbrite that bring in the most money.

Status
Not open for further replies.