gotta love the wiredtree

stmadeveloper

Aug 30, 2007
Twitter

Same crap happened a few months ago and I ignored it because all hosts have crap happen now and then. But this is the third major downtime in a year for me.

The big one went on for days -- so going to assume this is another. Now my question is -- are you with wiredtree and down at the moment? Just my "section"? Etc.....

Since the grove is down as well, can't even get help or see that they have issues. Have to dig up their twitter feed...lol

I'm with WT, and my sites are up but incredibly slow. They were flat out down for about 10 minutes total.

Thanks to the 100% SLA we get 5% of our hosting fees back! Yay.

works fine for me so far at some ips but not at some. grove is down tho.
how does this 5% work - does it apply to any downtime thats not projected? i think there was one at least last year and i didnt see any -5%

Yeah all of my shit was down for the past couple of hours.

works fine for me so far at some ips but not at some. grove is down tho.
how does this 5% work - does it apply to any downtime thats not projected? i think there was one at least last year and i didnt see any -5%
You have to request the 5% (per half hour) to get it.

Twitter

Same crap happened a few months ago and I ignored it because all hosts have crap happen now and then. But this is the third major downtime in a year for me.

The big one went on for days -- so going to assume this is another. Now my question is -- are you with wiredtree and down at the moment? Just my "section"? Etc.....

Since the grove is down as well, can't even get help or see that they have issues. Have to dig up their twitter feed...lol

Glad that I left long ago. My server was down 5 times in 6 months back when I was with wiredtree. The longest was about 15 hours.

It as down for me...wasn't able to access any of my sites or grove...for like 30 mins...glad i usually have the 202 spy view open or i'd have lost some serious money

I bought a hybrid VPS from WiredTree and that month, I had four outages. Right back to knownhost I went. Sorry to hear they are still having problems. I've had a few outages in 2011 at knownhost all related to hardware issues.

Always gotta make sure you have a hotswap in place for things like this.

Don't blame the host. Blame yourself for not being setup properly.

wanted to upgrade to a vps in the next weeks and wiredtree would have been my first choice. not sure about that now though

Always gotta make sure you have a hotswap in place for things like this.

Don't blame the host. Blame yourself for not being setup properly.

Actually I can blame the host for poor communication - which is my only concern. As I said in my original post - crap happens. I'm not unreasonable, but I find out from a client phone call, and have to go hunt up twitter to find out they are working on the issue.

Interested in that as well :)

i say 3hours = 30x6 so its 6x5% so 30% :)

i like WT so far, but incool there was other outages for 1h+ and they didnt tell themselves about this 5% - yea i know its written yet would be cool if they acted and gave discount themselves ;)

Wiredtree sucks so fucking bad, never had so much downtime

I almost never get hit with downtime from these guys. Have been with them for years.

The first time I ever had downtime was almost a day. I was with Handson Webhosting, and that was in early 2003. I flipped out, called Conor all kinds of names by email and acted like an ass.

Now if my stuff is down for 24 hours, I don't freak out. It's gotta be days before I worry.

Someone could probably make a nice business of ultra reliable cloud hosting for PPC affiliates using Amazon AWS or something similar.