Google SEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

luemob

Feb 11, 2008
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently had a site get knocked out from google's organic listing on a keyword phrase but thats not my question. What I want to know is even though my site is still listed organically under the keyword it doesn't show my meta data info (title and description) its substituted with alternative information.

I don't think its just my computer cause I have asked other friends of mine to do a google search for the keyword and they see the same thing. I mean friends in other states too.

Is my listing sandboxed?

the title is not displaying what I have written. its says "free stuff" instead with a link to my site.

this thread should not be here, it should be in the 'Traffic' area...it's listed in the 'For Sale' section.

Anyways, to answer your question, Google can and does change up the Title/Description snippets sometimes.

Displayed snippets can be taken from any text on the page if it is NOT taken from the meta description or meta title tags. This is to help the search result be more relevant to the user.

Title links in the SERPs can also be taken from the anchor text of links pointing to the page/site in question too...for example, if 'free stuff' is the text in an external link to that page 80% of the time, a search engine can use 'free stuff' as the title link to that page in their SERPs. This is more prevalent at Bing...and in fact, I can't think of any cases where I have seen this happen at Google...but it wouldn't surprise me if Google does it in some cases.

This is normal and has been going on for quite a while.

this thread should not be here, it should be in the 'Traffic' area...it's listed in the 'For Sale' section.

Anyways, to answer your question, Google can and does change up the Title/Description snippets sometimes.

Displayed snippets can be taken from any text on the page if it is NOT taken from the meta description or meta title tags. This is to help the search result be more relevant to the user.

Title links in the SERPs can also be taken from the anchor text of links pointing to the page/site in question too...for example, if 'free stuff' is the text in an external link to that page 80% of the time, a search engine can use 'free stuff' as the title link to that page in their SERPs. This is more prevalent at Bing...and in fact, I can't think of any cases where I have seen this happen at Google...but it wouldn't surprise me if Google does it in some cases.

This is normal and has been going on for quite a while.

James
Thanks for your insight, really appreciate it. I wasn't quite sure were to post this but I will make a note of it next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.