Google Now refusing to show landing pages that look "similar"

I only wish I had confidence in Google's ability to tell who had the LP first.

I can't count how many times I've had an LP copied, only to get slapped, and see the competitor able to run for months after. Kinda worries me in a way.

Man, this must happen. I feel so bad when these fuckers steal my lps and run them for months.. Fuck google, they reduce my quality score and kick ass to get new lp.

This was bound to happen and actually not the worst idea in the world. However there will be collateral damage. Think about industries that use templated websites such as car dealers/real estate agents.

Not that I care, but they will be fucked.

What about lawyers and hotel websites, when I did seo/link building for clients I have seen such templates sites everywhere.

:eek:

anim_sig.gif

This was bound to happen and actually not the worst idea in the world. However there will be collateral damage. Think about industries that use templated websites such as car dealers/real estate agents.

Start scraping websites using ebizautos and pickup the phone boys, there is monies to be made here.

Sounds like opportunity on the client services end.

I've just spent the last 60 hours redoing my site so that it is better than an existing competitor. This whole process is comletely soul destroying and I still don't know if they will slap me again.

Question: if I copy across my campaign again, do I need to change the advert text or keywords or can I just copy the whole lot across and update the urls?

Stop stealing LPs.

This is retarded advice, STFU. Why should I waste hundreds of dollars on a campaign testing the adcopy, traffic, AND landin page? I can steal 2/3 of those and cut down on my costs significantly.

Your shit is going to get stolen, and it will probably be by me.

It could be subject to interpretation but you could snatch or use a template and if the content is drastically different you're ok? I'm with hartonson unless they added a 25th hour to the day how are they going to police this based soley on page layout?http://www.wickedfire.com/members/hartonson.html

On the affiliate side this is a bigger deal because less people could promote using their content or graphics because it would make it too similar to other sites and you can't use PPC??
Affiliates: you may wish to contact your affiliate parent company directly to ensure any changes to your page align with your affiliate agreement.

That sucks!!! So you could make a kick ass landing page someone one snatch it and then use your words, out bid you, and your fucked.

Google: If you find that your ad often isn't showing due to this policy, try improving your Ad Rank by increasing your keywords' Quality Scores and/or maximum cost-per-click (CPC) bids. Or, try refining your site so that one of the following is true:

quit whining !!! since you got born all your sorry asses are whining !!! go hide under your ma's skirt ...

GOD, how come everybody's goal in life is to be the GREATEST WHINER !!!

For those of you that know about our service that's launching soon - this won't affect any of our templates. The tool that we are creating allows you to drastically edit the landing pages with minimal effort.

We will also have tons of templates for each different niche so you will have plenty to pick from to customize. I will be continually monitoring what they do with this to make sure that our templates will be shown in Adwords.

anyone know what kind of technology they are using to verify this ? is it just a script or do they have human eyes looking at it?

anyone know what kind of technology they are using to verify this ? is it just a script or do they have human eyes looking at it?

They can render the entire web page into a single flat image using their webkit/chromium engine. Simple image comparison algorithms would identify sites that are visually similar.

Wow. I'm glad I went through the pain of learning HTML/CSS and hand coding shit from scratch. Sink or swim suckas!

No really though, there are a ton of other traffic sources.

Wow. I'm glad I went through the pain of learning HTML/CSS and hand coding shit from scratch. Sink or swim suckas!

No really though, there are a ton of other traffic sources.

I can't handcode in a text editor for shit, but I'm pretty nice with photoshop/dreamweaver... and I can fuck with the code if needed... am also in the process of learning enough php to get around. I'm also glad to see that effort wasn't in vain.

I can't handcode in a text editor for shit, but I'm pretty nice with photoshop/dreamweaver... and I can fuck with the code if needed... am also in the process of learning enough php to get around. I'm also glad to see that effort wasn't in vain.

If you're good at laying everything out in Photoshop, check out SiteGrinder. :)