Google N00b Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

cckid

Sep 27, 2007
Hi 'tards,
How come my website is not registering any backlinks with Google?
I've added my site to about 100 directories recently. The Big Y! is showing 44 backlinks, bug the G monster is at 0.
Does G only update every month or so? What gives?
Thanks for helpin' a n00b out.
peace.

Hi 'tards,
I've added my site to about 100 directories recently. The Big Y! is showing 44 backlinks, bug the G monster is at 0.
peace.

If you start with new domain with pr0 chance are you've been sandboxed. You'll start to see maximum results after 2 months. Good luck man

I think the Sandbox is just a story that all the big webmaster daddies tell all the little n00bs to scare them into being good little girls and boys.

Or wait, fuck, was that the Sandman? Candyman?

thanks for the replies. I am a little miffed because i was #2 for a given term and now i'm about #130. when i was #2 i was making $$. now i'm not.
grrrrr.
so i think i have a quality sites, i just don't know why i'm down in the dumps.

Hi 'tards,
peace.

Chill out buddy, it'll show up soon. Google has been through a rough re evaluation within Directories, recently has taken off DMOZ from organic results e.g.
Normally Y index more linkbacks than G, what sort of query are you using anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.