Google Bizopps Last Warning

Jon

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 21, 2006
New York City
Confirmed by sources on all sides.

Google and the FTC have joined forces to take down advertisers, networks, and affiliates that involve ALL Google bizopp style offers and campaigns.

Google has been amassing a major plan for a lawsuit since Jan 2009. The FTC joined the party shortly thereafter. Some AG's are rumored to be involved now as well.

Goodluck.

Confirmed by sources on all sides.

Google and the FTC have joined forces to take down advertisers, networks, and affiliates that involve ALL Google bizopp style offers and campaigns.

Google has been amassing a major plan for a lawsuit since Jan 2009. The FTC joined the party shortly thereafter. Some AG's are rumored to be involved now as well.

Goodluck.

No offense Jon, but that's a vague-ass post. "Sources" on all sides. What sides? You make it sound like they might storm into every affiliates' house across america like a huge drug bust. lol.

9 months is a long as time to "amass" a lawsuit. especially since Google was allowing "Google" ads on their search engine until 6 weeks ago.

I'm sure there will be a lawsuit at some point against someone. But your post sounds like sensationalism to me.

that's 2 leads/day too many.

the affiliate attitude here to these cases is amazing. its like nobody gets it still after the initial IL AG subpoena's in june, the july 1 bizopp advertiser raids/cases, the lawsuits filed on the 18th, and now this.

this shit isn't a joke, affiliates won't be fine throughout it at all, and they really are reaching to get a hell of a lot of them -- not just 1 or two big guys. if you guys are promoting this stuff you seriously need to reconsider your actions. read the lawsuits, those little ass terms at the bottom of your pages aren't going to protect you.

also, FTC is big drama for all involved. FTC just loooves criminal cases.

i'm not even going to say good luck -- i'm going to say wisen up. sure glad im not promoting this shit.

Reactions: kingrage and KGL
No offense Jon, but that's a vague-ass post. "Sources" on all sides. What sides? You make it sound like they might storm into every affiliates' house across america like a huge drug bust. lol.

9 months is a long as time to "amass" a lawsuit. especially since Google was allowing "Google" ads on their search engine until 6 weeks ago.

I'm sure there will be a lawsuit at some point against someone. But your post sounds like sensationalism to me.

Roll the dice, then.

the affiliate attitude here to these cases is amazing. its like nobody gets it still after the initial IL AG subpoena's in june, the july 1 bizopp advertiser raids/cases, the lawsuits filed on the 18th, and now this.

this shit isn't a joke, affiliates won't be fine throughout it all, and they really are reaching to get a hell of a lot of them. if you guys are promoting this stuff you seriously need to reconsider your actions.

i'm not even going to say good luck -- i'm going to say wisen up.

Agreed. +rep for using your brain.

HI THERE!

neil21.gif

this shit isn't a joke, affiliates won't be fine throughout it at all, and they really are reaching to get a hell of a lot of them -- not just 1 or two big guys. if you guys are promoting this stuff you seriously need to reconsider your actions. read the lawsuits, those little ass terms at the bottom of your pages aren't going to protect you.

also, FTC is big drama for all involved. FTC just loooves criminal cases.

i'm not even going to say good luck -- i'm going to say wisen up. sure glad im not promoting this shit.

this

Basically it is like other shady businesses. You make your money when no one is regulating, slow it down when some heat comes around, and shut it down once the feds start enforcing heavily.

JESUS CHRIST THIS SOUNDS VAGUE AND SENSATIONALIST.

I'd still listen. Ask yourself this one simple question:

Is your lawyer better than Google's?

I don't even run Google Biz Ops on search engines or media buys.

All I'm saying is that affiliate marketers have two choices, keep running Google offers or stop running Google offers. And what seems to be suggested here is that it might not even matter if people stop because they are already "amassed" in an investigation.

But yet, go to 95% of the networks promoted by WF users and see that each other them have 5+ of these offers, which dozens and dozens of affiliates running them.

So what are we implying here? Are we implying that in a matter of days/weeks/months 60% of the users on this forum are going to be in a court suit? Are we implying that its a roll of the dice and that a few will take the fall for the many? Or is it business as usual?

All I saying is that if ALL THESE SOURCES are agreeing on some sort of impedent affiliate rebill doom then ALL SOURCES should be revealed so that everyone can know where they really stand.

Otherwise, it just sensationalism and heresay. Its not productive unless it is useful directional information.

Whoa shit! Kinda glad I missed the boat on this one. If you made bank time to take the money and get the fuck out of dodge ;)