Goodbye Cash4Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

I doubt this will hurt their business at all. The big guy seemed really honest and straightup in regards to their process and business practices. The whole gold exchange reminds me of what happens when you trade your car into a dealership: you never get the full value or what you think its worth, but its convenient and easy and they will take it regardless. Most of the complaints talked about were from people giving too much worth to their sentimental crap (class rings...really?). It is pretty surprising though that SO many people are putting jewelry into bags tagged CASH4GOLD and just dropping them in the mail...thats pretty trustworthy.

I have a lot of personal experience finding and reselling scrap metals for profit. You really do get a better deal from a refiner, and C4G outfit will pay you more than a jeweler if you negotiate a better price. To wit: I had about 18 grams of 14k and 10k to sell, and the guy who rents a booth in a local store offered me $5 to $6 a gram. I left with my gold for NYC, and dealt with an established refiner in Chinatown. The result: $17 a gram for the 14k, and $14 for the 10K. C4G would probably pay somewhat under the price I got, but still better than the jeweler's price.

You have to argue with these people and act like you know something. If anybody wants to resell gold on a regular basis, I'd buy an acid testing kit and look up online the price per gram.

I can't wait for yard sale season to start. Lots of cheap gold is out there.

I think it was good publicity for them, dood seemed reasonable and honest. People expecting top dollar for sentimental stuff are being unreasonable knowing they don't buy based on craftsmanship.

the people who would watch the news may not be the same demo as the people they target

Status
Not open for further replies.