Good Price on this Motorcycle?

stussy5555

HNIC
Dec 12, 2007
Thinking about getting a motorcycle. Been reading around alot and I am thinking about a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R. Yeah I know, its probably a pussy bike, but I don't think I have great self control, so I think the slower for me, the better. The other reasons for choosing this bike is 1) If I don't like riding much, I only invested $3,500 on the bike 2) Probably easy to resell when I am ready to move up.

I am looking into MSF courses right now. I found a dealer where I live who has a black one they are trying to move (see link below). What do you think I should negotiate on this bike if I am paying cash?

Kawasaki 2009 Ninja® 250R

vp1726706_1_large.jpg

get something faster man. 250's are for chicks and 18 yo kids

edit: then again for your first bike, you'll probably dump it... I would instead of buying from a dealer, buy an older sportbike from someone off craigslist and learn to ride on it first...

lol bro you'll be scared shitless on the first few days with your starter. not a matter of self-control, look @ >250s honestly only if you have a deathwish.

Get a hayabusa and get it over with.

EDIT: I just had a friend get a CBR 600 4fi and he's already wanting to get rid of it. He has been riding with people who have shit that smoke his bike. He's already changed the sprockets back and forth for more speed.

When he first started out he was all about safety and shit and just cruising. Now he's going down the highway at around 140-160. I think there must be a point where you feel the need for speed once you get the cruising out of your system and get a feel for the bike.

At least you could get a 600 and just cruise on it until you're ready to go fast (if you do plan on eventually going fast). At least you'll know the option exists instead of having to upgrade to go faster

I also don't know how big you are but that 250 looks uncomfortable as fuck..

Listen, I'm not trying to impress anyone, just trying to have a little fun. I don't, let me repeat myself, DO NOT, give a flying FUCK what anyone thinks about what I am riding. Do not care. Just wanna have a little fun and ride something tame, something I won't get in trouble on. That is all.

A 250 wtf? If your going to kill yourself on something at least do it on something that is fast.. I made the mistake of buying a Katana 600 it was ok for a couple days and then I was like this fucking thing is slow..

Whenever some kid comes flying past you on there BMX your gonna regret it.

At least get a 600

I no longer ride bikes want to live to be a old fucker.

250 is ok for a beginner bike.

But if you live in an area with fast paced traffic, get something bigger.

It isn't about going fast or slow, it is about staying in traffic. Too fast or too slow is not good.

From I what I hear. Most bike accidence happen in the fist 6 months - so take it easy during that time and get the basics in your system. So who cares if its a 250. If you like it buy it.

250 is ok for a beginner bike.

But if you live in an area with fast paced traffic, get something bigger.

It isn't about going fast or slow, it is about staying in traffic. Too fast or too slow is not good.

Dude how can the bike not keep up with traffic? You are talking like its a moped. The 250 probably out accelerates most sports cars. How is that not keeping up with traffic? lol

A 250 wtf? If your going to kill yourself on something at least do it on something that is fast.. I made the mistake of buying a Katana 600 it was ok for a couple days and then I was like this fucking thing is slow..

Whenever some kid comes flying past you on there BMX your gonna regret it.

At least get a 600

I no longer ride bikes want to live to be a old fucker.

Its people like you who scare me out of getting a bike lol

I just had a friend get a CBR 600 4fi and he's already wanting to get rid of it. He has been riding with people who have shit that smoke his bike. He's already changed the sprockets back and forth for more speed.

When he first started out he was all about safety and shit and just cruising. Now he's going down the highway at around 140-160. I think there must be a point where you feel the need for speed once you get the cruising out of your system and get a feel for the bike.

There's also a point called "retarded" and your friend has clearly passed it.

OP:

Be safe, who cares if somebody thinks your bike is for pussies. Riding ANY motorcycle is dangerous enough in the first place.

Its people like you who scare me out of getting a bike lol

I live in Houston, it is not if you get nailed by a car, truck etc it just when.. I know 3 people that bit the dust over the last couple years.. A buddy was recently in coma for 2 weeks and in hospital for 3 months (now back on his harley already) A month ago me a wife were at intersection car did not stop and bammm, a guy and his girl went flying (far).. A buddy at my old job, had a 250 and a dude nailed him with a truck on his way home one day, broke is neck.

9 out of 10 it is not the bikers fault it is the cocksuckers around here that drive like assholes..

I also used to work in a major E.R and I wont even go there.. I am just lucky my parents did not buy that GSXR when I was younger when I had no fear.. ;)

I have a 2009 street legal Kawasaki KLX250s dual sport and I love it.
2009-kawasaki-klx250s-klx-5050.jpg

Great for riding around town or going off road. It was my first bike...and I am more experienced riding it now and want more speed. I wasn't planning on using it a lot on the road though and I can barely get up to 80mph with it - just not powerful enough. I ride a lot of trails with it and I got it because I didn't want to buy a truck to haul it to the trails. The mirrors come off easily and its like a regular 250 dirtbike. Very light - digital tach, comfortable seat and better fork. All around good time.