Godaddy fails again

adamx12m

Oct 7, 2007
USA
So I have this client who says his website application has been failing for the past few days, so hit up godaddy chat support a few hours ago to see what's going on. Actual chat;

Customer
is godaddy experiencing dns issues this week or something that would be causing this to happen?

Godaddy Support
There was an issue in the datacenter you are in with intermittent dns issues yes

Customer
when is this going to be fixed or a way to get around this?

Godaddy Support
We have our network admins and server admins working on it already but we don't have an actual time frame I apologize.

Customer
is this an internal issue or could a 3rd party dns service be used?

Godaddy Support
I believe it is an internal issue but I do not have all the details since it is above my pay grade so to say

Customer
so is there somewhere we can look for an updated status on the issue?

Godaddy Support
There is no public facing information on this no, sorry

Customer
can someone with a higher pay grade give me some answers?

Godaddy Support
There is no one else you can speak to beyound server chat. The admins do not take calls, chats, or emails from customers. We are working on resolving the issue as quickly as we can.

GoDaddy is about as trustworthy as letting a girl drive your Nascar. Cheap domains on occassion tho.

Man, starting to hate them more and more...

Only use them for domains.

But they sent me an e-mail saying if you don't renew your domain, you may be charged a $80 fee.

No fucking disclaimer.. So I had to look it up online.

($80 fee if you wait 45 days and try to get it back after it expires).

Talk about shady. After that + the pathetic sleezy superbowl ads + the "sneaky" add to cart products, and the other BS, looking for a new domain co.

Take the $8 you save per domain and go splurge on a dedicated server.

One thing with godaddy is that you can always find promo codes to make their pricing more affordable.

But fuck if you can do anything to deal with their bullshit. For instance, changing nameservers must be a 5 step process so they aren;t stealing your traffic.

Hosting with godaddy, you get one free email address? lmao. They should call it Godaddy Hostage, instead of Godaddy Hosting.

I don't even use them for domains anymore, except maybe TDNAM (is it still operational)?
Their business practice is shady at best. :\

EDIT: Yup, I see their auctions are still up.

GoDaddy recently acquired MediaTemple and are bettering their hosted solutions.

SrkQKzV.gif

GoDaddy did improve their control panels a lot.
They're usable for a change and actually look like someone designed them.

But buying a company doesn't mean anything. Look at EIG (Hostgator new owner). They've bought a lot of companies and almost every one reported a degradation in service quality and loss of customers after new owners took office.

Man, starting to hate them more and more...

Only use them for domains.

But they sent me an e-mail saying if you don't renew your domain, you may be charged a $80 fee.

No fucking disclaimer.. So I had to look it up online.

($80 fee if you wait 45 days and try to get it back after it expires).

Talk about shady. After that + the pathetic sleezy superbowl ads + the "sneaky" add to cart products, and the other BS, looking for a new domain co.

That sounds really slimy!

And, I'm not really that surprised as GoDaddy has been messing hosting customers around for years. What surprises me is why so many people still buy from GoDaddy for either domains or hosting, with such shady tactics. The stories are out there on the internet. I would think that it would be a much better tactic to take care of customers rather than burning them in this way or resorting to dirty tactics.