Getting Used To Spicy Foods...

To get more and more used to it over time you could cook it with other things without splitting the pepper: Like rice for example, it will get the flavor of the pepper and a little bit of the heat if cooked with a whole non split pepper. If that splits and the seeds get loose though...god help you.

So for a couple weeks, put a whole non-split pepper in your rice cooker or pot when you are cooking rice. IF you really want to get used to the flavor.

Is this even good idea? I say this because everyone over the age of 8 in Mexico has this "condition" called "gastritis" because they love spicy food. I thought it was a made up Mexican voodoo thing until I asked a doctor buddy of mine and he says basically they are giving themselves intestinal ulcers that never heal. Fuck that, I'll pass.

Except for the fact that hot peppers DO NOT cause ulcers. This is a myth.

Cayenne pepper

Your doctor buddy should go back to medical school.

Except for the fact that hot peppers DO NOT cause ulcers. This is a myth.

Cayenne pepper

Your doctor buddy should go back to medical school.

#mexicandoctors

Still there is the fact that pretty much everyone I know here is taking pills every day to alleviate intestinal pain and burning after eating chili infused foods. Maybe they are doing it wrong? I'll still pass.

#mexicandoctors

Still there is the fact that pretty much everyone I know here is taking pills every day to alleviate intestinal pain and burning after eating chili infused foods. Maybe they are doing it wrong? I'll still pass.

Hmmm......my Doc's may have all been quacks over the years, but I have asked many about the HOT stuff I eat since I do get Heartburn.

Without exception they have ALL told me that Hot Spicy is not the culprit but if I am eating foods high in FAT CONTENT my stomach will produce MORE ACID and for a LONGER period of time.

So, going with that info, if there is even a small stomach ulcer it would be very painful with more stomach being acid produced longer periods of time.

I have no idea what kinds of foods your friends are eating with the chillies or the condition of the lining of their stomach or the Flora in their intestinal tract.

A GOOD Acidophiles that requires refrigeration is one of the best ways to keep the Flora levels healthy. (Non-Refrigerated is better than nothing, but the one that need refrigeration seem have more live cultures for a longer period of time.) AntiBiotics tend to kill off good Flora which is essential to good digestion. So, be sure to have some Acidophiles around to take for after an antibiotic regime.

How to Buy Acidophilus: 5 Steps - wikiHow

Lactobacillus acidophilus | University of Maryland Medical Center

Fuck that, just incorporate it into your meals.

Get a jar of asian chile sauce and add a tablespoon to whatever you cook. Add shit like orange and peanuts and honey to compliment the spice and you'll be good.

Mexico is the most obese nation on earth consuming the largest amount of soft drinks percapita, with Coca Cola leading the way. They also tend to have other health issues (Helicobacter pylori) which makes them predisposed to stomach problems. Basically their gastric issues stem from sources other than spicy food.

Speaking of Mexico......

Has anybody taken acidophilus that was NOT refrigerated? - Riviera Maya Forum - TripAdvisor

I ran across this after getting those links above.

It would seem that Acidophiles is quite popular with Travelers to Mexico.

I don't really eat anything spicy, I'm a huge wuss and I think I may actually be really overly sensitive to chile in general. When I cook spicy for my boyfriend I make my portion separately but when I'm cutting the chiles up I sometimes get red blotches on my hands, look like burns. Also several times when I've accidentally eaten raw chile in something (it happens here) then my lips swell where the chili has touched them, just from the contact. Maybe a food allergy.

You should see them eat here, they will be sweating and agonizing at every bite but they never quit. Madness.

You should see them eat here, they will be sweating and agonizing at every bite but they never quit. Madness.

i'm no midas, but that's my kinda joint. chorizo burrito, triple jalapenos & all the chili sauce i can get... all day.

SWEET!!!

keep them sigs comin', boys.

Well, it's about FUCKING TIME!!!

Been here for 4 years just WAITING for someone to SIG something I posted!!!

You "DO" know as I was composing that sentence I did "kinda" wonder just WHO would be attracted to it?!!

ROFLMFAO!!!

Touché/Tooshie'

I don't really eat anything spicy, I'm a huge wuss and I think I may actually be really overly sensitive to chile in general. When I cook spicy for my boyfriend I make my portion separately but when I'm cutting the chiles up I sometimes get red blotches on my hands, look like burns. Also several times when I've accidentally eaten raw chile in something (it happens here) then my lips swell where the chili has touched them, just from the contact. Maybe a food allergy.

That sounds like "me" when the Wasabi sometimes sticks to the back of my throat when eating Sashimi. LOL

i'm no midas, but that's my kinda joint. chorizo burrito, triple jalapenos & all the chili sauce i can get... all day.
Awesomeness!!

PS. I know when I've gotten TOO MUCH heat in my mouth, it'll feel like Scorpions are stinging my tongue, or that I'm chewing on a Porcupine!!

Lulz

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSHxFSaOV-o]Jackass: The Movie (5/10) Movie CLIP - Wasabi Snooters (2002) HD - YouTube[/ame]

Well, it's about FUCKING TIME!!!

Been here for 4 years just WAITING for someone to SIG something I posted!!!

You "DO" know as I was composing that sentence I did "kinda" wonder just WHO would be attracted to it?!!

ROFLMFAO!!!

Touché/Tooshie'

bowing.jpg