George Zimmer calls War On Marijuana “Biggest Con Ever Perpetrated”

I hate dopers, but...

Potheads are NOT included in that group- Potheads are strictly good entertainment.

I GUARANFUCKINTEE IT.

smoke_dope_live_well.jpg

Galacon,

Literally nobody cares for your BS. Feel free to carry on tho.... (Are you Vadym in disguise?)

Either way, suck on your Nans clit, wasteman.

Only natural that a few big players would control the market after a while, only naive to think that this industry wouldn't get their big brand store. Like people would pick their mom and pop store and not wal mart just because it's weed.

That wasn't my point. My point was that Big Weed guys bribed politicians to get rid of competition through onerous regulations.

That wasn't my point. My point was that Big Weed guys bribed politicians to get rid of competition through onerous regulations.

Politicians here did it all on their own with no need for bribery. They put the liquor control board in charge of it, a couple years after we completely got rid of the liquor control board controlling liquor. (Used to have state controlled liquor stores, now it's in grocery stores)

A lot of growers thought they were going to make lots of money, and it turned out that the growers are making the least amount of money out of the 3 different legs of the process. (grower, processor, distributor)

Washington state growers struggling to sell legal marijuana | Fox News

...growers are — surprisingly — struggling to sell their marijuana. Some are already worried about going belly-up, finding it tougher than expected to make a living in legal weed.

"It's an economic nightmare," says Andrew Seitz, general manager at Dutch Brothers Farms in Seattle.

Officials at the state Liquor Control Board, which regulates marijuana, aren't terribly concerned.

Weed is still pricey at the state's pot shops — often in the $23-to-$25-per-gram range. That's about twice the cost at medical dispensaries, but cheaper than it was a few months ago.

(state regulator says:) In Washington, many growers have unrealistic expectations about how quickly they should be able to recoup their initial investments, Simmons said. And some of the growers complaining about the low prices they're getting now also gouged the new stores amid shortages last summer.

(grower says:) "We're running out of money," he said. "We need to make sales this month to stay operational, and we're going to be selling at losses."

Because of the high taxes on Washington's legal pot, Seitz says stores can never compete with the black market while paying growers sustainable prices.

Some retailers have been marking up the wholesale price three-fold or more — a practice that has some growers wondering if certain stores aren't cleaning up as they struggle.

Now, the state has been putting their energy into cracking down on non state licensed competition: cracking down on street peddlers like never before, shutting down the medical dispensaries, gutting the medical laws that allowed you to grow/possess a good bit without any taxes for more than a decade.