Fucked up tracking with ZIP campaigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't tell you the name of the companies but several of my affiliate managers told me that there is a grey area with zips. Some advertisers tend to eat out some of the leads. Happened to me once. I asked for a raise in payouts and saw my offer was converting 10% less. So this is how to compensate for the increment in payout. Your conversions would suffer.

They are there as a back up to other offers. We have email/zip submits from 4 different advertisers, the advertiser everyone has an issue with has little to no volume from us, you can find out who they are in our network by the ^ symbol. If it says Free iPod ^ Zip submit, then chances are it wont track as good, run the advertiser with a ~ in the title they convert best, and next is the > symbol.

Always ask your AM whats working and also review our bi-weekly report with EPC's of all offers so you know which ones yield better.

How can you seriously keep offers on your website that you know don't track. People are shelling out big money to send traffic at these websites because you give them your word that if they generate a sale/lead, you will pay $X.

How can you seriously keep offers on your website that you know don't track. People are shelling out big money to send traffic at these websites because you give them your word that if they generate a sale/lead, you will pay $X.
Cuz COPEAC doesn't give a shit about affiliates in reality, they just care about some contract that they signed with ValueClick's incentive team. Doesn't make sense, since their profit is at stake, but I get much better service from Azoogle (and it helps that I've dropped zip/email submits all together now, so COPEAC really doesn't offer anything that Azoogle doesn't).

Like i said its there as a back up offer since some people get kicked off offers by the advertisers

This advertiser is actually coming down in our network

The issues with zip submits are in every network, however if your converting better in another network by all means you should run the offer with them.

Cuz COPEAC doesn't give a shit about affiliates in reality, they just care about some contract that they signed with ValueClick's incentive team. Doesn't make sense, since their profit is at stake, but I get much better service from Azoogle (and it helps that I've dropped zip/email submits all together now, so COPEAC really doesn't offer anything that Azoogle doesn't).

Your comment about not caring is false, if we didnt care we wouldn't be active in forums. How many other network owners post on forums with help and ideas?

If you got bad service from us please let me know, sometimes AM's dont live up to expectations but if you make someone aware of it, it can be corrected.

So just because you couldn't get some shit offers to convert that correlates to Copeac not given a shit?

I bet you are talking out of your ass and never spoke to anyone at COPEAC. Do you know how I know that? Because of the shit that just came out of your mouth, that's how.

When a zip offer stops working well just ask your AM for the zip submits with the best over all EPC and change to them, seems to work decent for me.

Mike, Mill, Dan, Jordan, Myself and others take the time out of our very busy days to pass on tips to you guys and explain in depth how these things work, why we do what we do, and what to expect from various advertisers and offers.

If that somehow translate to not caring about affiliates...

Just cause you are too lazy to call up your AM, oh and hows it going at AZ what with the new AM every three months?

Anywho...

Also - to the paranoid who thinks that a pay bump = lower conversion rates.
Have another puff on the pipe my friend.:rasta:
Ask 90% of the performers on this board and they will tell you the same thing. The folks i mentioned above are some of the hardest working, most diligent, personable people you could ever have the honor of working in your corner. Micro managing your $116 in leads last week just isn't on our agenda.

So just because you couldn't get some shit offers to convert that correlates to Copeac not given a shit?

I bet you are talking out of your ass and never spoke to anyone at COPEAC. Do you know how I know that? Because of the shit that just came out of your mouth, that's how.
I was running an email submit for a certain niche, of which COPEAC had 1 offer. I had previously been running an even longer lead gen form, with better results. After some work, COPEAC wasn't able to get another offer in that zip, so I just went on to another site to pull the same offer and test it. My AM said that it wasn't converting nearly as well as other email offers, but I couldn't just switch offers (as there was no other in the niche). I scout out the other networks, find the same offer through another network, and guess what - It converted 5x-8x better depending on what I was targeting! Same exact offer, but I'm guessing the other network had their own pixel on the confirmation page, and not getting batch stats from ValueClick or whoever runs those email submit sites.

I was pretty much just told that "some offers just don't convert well", and it was left at that. To my knowledge, no attempt to figure out why it was tracking lower ever occurred at COPEAC. Pretty much, it was just a "well, try another offer" response.

That's the name of the game. It's just fact that two offers on different networks will have different conversions. Happens everywhere. I've ran offers on AZ that performed like shit compared to Copeac.

That's why you test the offer on all networks that run it until you find one you're happy with.

It is what it is and some offer just don't convert well.

I guarantee you that you'll find an offer on this other network that converts like shit compared to it's competitors.

I was running an email submit for a certain niche, of which COPEAC had 1 offer. I had previously been running an even longer lead gen form, with better results. After some work, COPEAC wasn't able to get another offer in that zip, so I just went on to another site to pull the same offer and test it. My AM said that it wasn't converting nearly as well as other email offers, but I couldn't just switch offers (as there was no other in the niche). I scout out the other networks, find the same offer through another network, and guess what - It converted 5x-8x better depending on what I was targeting! Same exact offer, but I'm guessing the other network had their own pixel on the confirmation page, and not getting batch stats from ValueClick or whoever runs those email submit sites.

I was pretty much just told that "some offers just don't convert well", and it was left at that. To my knowledge, no attempt to figure out why it was tracking lower ever occurred at COPEAC. Pretty much, it was just a "well, try another offer" response.

Status
Not open for further replies.