Freebies and samples

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan

Jun 24, 2006
www.helpforwebmasters.com
Do you ever get any freebies or samples from your affiliate program merchants? What type of stuff do you get? Cash bonuses? Products? Holidays?

What do the successful people get apart from fat pay packets :)

I've seen Shoemoney post about getting some pretty nice stuff from Yahoo and Google. I'd like to see Jon chime in on this one.

No direct experience on this, but Id bet some of the bigger affiliates get a better rate for their leads as well.

$5 Submissions said:
Would this really help get affiliate webmasters? Freebies? What kind of freebies would guys wanna get?

If you made public what kind of freebies affiliates would get, it might not matter. I still think higher commissions are the best reward, but if you have an affiliate that is interested in the niche they are promoting giving them product samples would be a nice incentive.

At Audible I sent out MP3 players and free books all the time to affiliates and if they were big guys it was a free iPod. Worked wonders. It was a hard product to get and to sell, and people finally got they got the freebie.

It's harder with Mortgages. :rolleyes: Still working on a freebie for this one though we do send out Christmas presents and we did send out Valentine's day presents -- which made people really smile.

Beth Kirsch said:
At Audible I sent out MP3 players and free books all the time to affiliates and if they were big guys it was a free iPod. Worked wonders. It was a hard product to get and to sell, and people finally got they got the freebie.

It's harder with Mortgages. :rolleyes: Still working on a freebie for this one though we do send out Christmas presents and we did send out Valentine's day presents -- which made people really smile.

For mortgage affiliates, let them host the campaign on their own server. When I did it with mine, I saw an increase in conversions of over 65%. As an affiliate, I'd rather get that as a bonus over cash or an ipod.

Jon said:
For mortgage affiliates, let them host the campaign on their own server. When I did it with mine, I saw an increase in conversions of over 65%. As an affiliate, I'd rather get that as a bonus over cash or an ipod.

Haha! Not here to recruit affiliates. :) Just wanted to hang out.

But we do let some pubs host the form and we pay for solds and unsolds as oppose to pretending the unsolds are fraud.

Yes, I know it's about the cash. As the song says, "Money, it’s a gas. Grab that cash with both hands and make a stash" ;)

It's nice to get freebies, though I don't need any more t-shirts. Most of the gifts come during the holidays. "care packages" from the merchants' own warehouse are cool. Pricier items like an ipod or a macbookpro (sheesh!) are the most impactful, of course, as you know that all affs aren't getting that.

Beth, buy my mortgage and pay it off and i'll be your best friend 4-eva! ;)

BTW, for me it goes both ways. I send stuff to my favorite affiliate and account managers too.

Jangro said:
It's nice to get freebies, though I don't need any more t-shirts. Most of the gifts come during the holidays. "care packages" from the merchants' own warehouse are cool. Pricier items like an ipod or a macbookpro (sheesh!) are the most impactful, of course, as you know that all affs aren't getting that.

Beth, buy my mortgage and pay it off and i'll be your best friend 4-eva! ;)

BTW, for me it goes both ways. I send stuff to my favorite affiliate and account managers too.

lol! Scott, send me enough leads and you wont need to worry about that mortgage.

As you know I work for a top 3 internet advertiser and we get so much junk as Christmas, and when I opened the box from you with iPod speakers, one could that everyone in markting thought I go the best gift by far. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.