Free Golf DB and Script

Status
Not open for further replies.

chatmasta

Jan 7, 2007
NYC
I put together this DB like 18 months ago...sold it for like $7, sold the DB+script for $25. Nobody buys it anymore so I figure I'll give it away.

The script is actually pretty good, and the DB is very complete. Just upload the files to your server and import the SQL file. If you need any help, I repeat what I just said in readme.txt. :p

I can't really provide support on this, since I haven't looked at it in so long and don't remember anything about it, but it shouldn't be too hard to figure out...

DOWNLOAD HERE: www.blosgpsot.com/golf.zip

Great stuff, much appreciated ! :)

I'm still a newbie so I can use the cities/states and the script as a base for other niches.

Thanks!

You noobs realize that although the script and data is pretty good, 100,000 other noobs will be using it and you won't likely make a dime on it.

You noobs realize that although the script and data is pretty good, 100,000 other noobs will be using it and you won't likely make a dime on it.

the data is the best part to me at least, I can write my own script. plus the data can be updated and expanded.

thanks chatmasta.

also I love the blosgpsot domain lol

the data is the best part to me at least, I can write my own script. plus the data can be updated and expanded.

thanks chatmasta.

also I love the blosgpsot domain lol

Just uploaded teh database and it is pretty slick!

+REP for OP

:( .... I remember creating a nice skin for this. Chatmasta has seen it... Made like $33 out of it in 20 days. And just had some $5 submissions done in the name of marketing :)

Good that you're giving it away for free... now ya owe me 25 bucks! (Just messin)

How hard would it be to modify the script to work with other databases? Considering the fact that I don't know any php, but can sort of read it and see where stuff works for the most part...

It probably isn't a very good script to learn from, because it's actually pretty shitty since it's something I just threw together. But really, all that making a site around a database entails is learning VERY basic MySQL queries, and then just querying the correct thing based upon $_GET or something.

Hmm, I may be asking for some spoon fed info here, but I'm going to give it a shot:

Where could I learn these basic commands? Gotta link or something? I tried to learn PHP and failed miserably.

<? If $jamesh == "fail", $_GET "flame"; ?>

I honestly don't even know if that even looks correct, but I tried.

Hmm, I may be asking for some spoon fed info here, but I'm going to give it a shot:

Where could I learn these basic commands? Gotta link or something? I tried to learn PHP and failed miserably.

lol, yeah no idea what you're trying to do there...you definitely need to read some tutorials.

there should be a ton on Photoshop Tutorials, Flash Tutorials and More! P2L Tutorial Search
also checkout The SEO PHP Crash Course Tutorial : Slightly Shady SEO

just try to get the basic syntax down, then you can start ripping apart scripts and trying to figure out how they work. at least thats how i like to learn. also if you want really good (though pretty outdated) tutorials check out phpfreaks.com

honestly it isn't that hard to pickup, took me like 3 months to get a fairly solid grasp on it, and i've been improving on that ever since. dont judge me by this golf script though, hah its really trash

Thanks masta. I've always been the designer (I use to freelance design) so I always thought of myself to be the polar opposite of the type of person to pick up a coding language. Well that sentence made no sense, but I'll give php another shot.

<?
if ($jameh == "fail") {
echo "flame"; }
?>

Status
Not open for further replies.