Free Automatic Template Split Tester + Page Generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

+rep for lerch.

I'd like to add the the php is well coded, with nice use of OOP. Makes it much friendlier to work with.

I've seen many script attempts that turn into regex soup and can bring a person to tears. Not this one.

Lerchmo.....

Is it setup so we can see CTR's per template/niche somewhere in slimstats? I didn't see it in there. If not, no biggie. I just didn't want to try to re-implement something that is already in there.

Thanx!

Looks like I forgot to add the .htaccess to the first file, download the second for that its htaccess and rename it to .htaccess

awesome tool man.
I think I got it running now, there's only something weird going on, where the inc.stats.php is included, it tries to print out the path of a template:
Code:
before the include of the inc stats php file    /home/*username*/public_html/ppc/splittester-pilot/template2.php    after the include of the inc stats php file

where the parent file says

Code:
	echo 'before the include of the inc stats php file   &nbsp';	
  include_once(ROTATOR_DIR."/slimstat/inc.stats.php");
	echo '    after the include of the inc stats php file';

Lerchmo,

You might want to release this under the Creative Commons license of share and share alike. That will allow you to give it away, but specifically not allow someone to profit from your work.

I've been reworking your first script to add a few more features, but it looks like I may wait to see the final product. Thanks a ton!

In before CC license :p

Just joking, my first post and I want to thank you for being so generous with your scripts.

Lerch, I'm getting this message when loading the SQL from the rotator/config.php file:

Code:
[B]Error[/B]

[B]SQL query:[/B]     
              CREATE  TABLE  `ad_clicks` ( `id` int( 20  )  NOT  NULL  AUTO_INCREMENT ,
 `title` varchar( 255  )  NOT  NULL ,
 `from` varchar( 255  )  NOT  NULL ,
 `unit` varchar( 20  )  NOT  NULL ,
 `browser` varchar( 255  )  NOT  NULL ,
 `adunitsize` varchar( 100  )  NOT  NULL ,
 `template` varchar( 255  )  NOT  NULL ,
 `adtype` varchar( 255  )  NOT  NULL ,
 `time` timestamp NOT  NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ,
 PRIMARY  KEY (  `id`  ) ,
 KEY  `from` (  `from`  ) 
) ENGINE  =  MYISAM  AUTO_INCREMENT  =4DEFAULT CHARSET  = latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT  =4;

[B]MySQL said: [/B][URL="http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/error-returns.html"][IMG]https://mysqladmin2.secureserver.net/80/themes/original/img/b_help.png[/IMG][/URL] 
  #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
      PRIMARY KEY  (`id`),
      KEY `from` (`fr

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
~Mike~

I copied your query and it runs fine if you alter the last line:

) ENGINE = MYISAM AUTO_INCREMENT =4 DEFAULT CHARSET = latin1;

Try taking that engine shit off the end, mysql version differences and such will fuck that shit up. I wish there was a "export barebones" feature of phpmyadmin and I wasnt too lazy to clean it myself!

Lerch, I'm getting this message when loading the SQL from the rotator/config.php file:

I had the same error, I had to remove this part to make it work:
default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP

not sure if that's bad for the program, but at least I got it running.

I also had to delete all those lines after the } thingy.

I am not an expert.

Now that we got that out of the way.

If you're having problems. Most likely you've got an older version of MySQL (cheap 1and1 and godaddy hosting). Remove the lines default curr...... as stated earlier.

Then in rotator_stats.php on line 20.

'time' => date('Y-m-d h:i:s')

Don't forget to add the , on line 19.

So that section should be....

$values = array(
'title' => $title,
'from' => $from,
'unit' => $unit,
'browser' => $browser,
'adunitsize' => $size,
'template' => $template,
'adtype' => $adtype,
'time' => date('Y-m-d h:i:s')
);

Someone with some real knowledge please tell me if i'm headed in the right direction.

Thanks!

Code:
[B]Error[/B]

[B]SQL query:[/B]     
              CREATE  TABLE  `ad_clicks` ( `id` int( 20  )  NOT  NULL  AUTO_INCREMENT ,
 `title` varchar( 255  )  NOT  NULL ,
 `from` varchar( 255  )  NOT  NULL ,
 `unit` varchar( 20  )  NOT  NULL ,
 `browser` varchar( 255  )  NOT  NULL ,
 `adunitsize` varchar( 100  )  NOT  NULL ,
 `template` varchar( 255  )  NOT  NULL ,
 `adtype` varchar( 255  )  NOT  NULL ,
 `time` timestamp NOT  NULL default CURRENT_TIMESTAMP ,
 PRIMARY  KEY (  `id`  ) ,
 KEY  `from` (  `from`  ) 
) ENGINE  =  MYISAM  AUTO_INCREMENT  =4DEFAULT CHARSET  = latin1 AUTO_INCREMENT  =4;

[B]MySQL said: [/B][URL="http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/4.1/en/error-returns.html"][IMG]https://mysqladmin2.secureserver.net/80/themes/original/img/b_help.png[/IMG][/URL] 
  #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'CURRENT_TIMESTAMP,
      PRIMARY KEY  (`id`),
      KEY `from` (`fr
Any thoughts?

Thanks!
~Mike~

Maybe the single quotes are messing you up. instead, try to use double quotes to surround the entire command.

mysql_query("CREATE TABLE ad_clicks(id INT(20) NOT NULL, title VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, ETC ETC ETC)")

Plus, the line breaks could be messing up the script. put everything on one line(if it already isn't on one line). also, what is the engine for? doesn't mysql do this automatically?

Maybe the single quotes are messing you up. instead, try to use double quotes to surround the entire command.

mysql_query("CREATE TABLE ad_clicks(id INT(20) NOT NULL, title VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL, ETC ETC ETC)")

Plus, the line breaks could be messing up the script. put everything on one line(if it already isn't on one line). also, what is the engine for? doesn't mysql do this automatically?

Its because "CURRENT_TIMESTAMP" doesn't work for versions before 4.0. Everything you said is WRONG.

Its because "CURRENT_TIMESTAMP" doesn't work for versions before 4.0. Everything you said is WRONG.

I never said I was right in the first place since they were just suggestions. That's why I used the words "MAYBE" and "COULD BE". Everything I said WORKS in php so it's not completely useless.

How many visitors does the split tester need to determine 95% certainty for example? I've never done split testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.