Flippa 'buyers' what a joke

SkyFire

Claptrap Overlord
Nov 24, 2007
:thefinger:Fuck.

Put a site I built but don't have time to run up for sale on Flippa. 95% of the buyers don't want to buy, they want you to try and sell them on something.

Buy it, don't buy it who gives a fuck just stop wasting my time.

:thefinger:Fuck.

Put a site I built but don't have time to run up for sale on Flippa. 95% of the buyers don't want to buy, they want you to try and sell them on something.

Buy it, don't buy it who gives a fuck just stop wasting my time.

You kind of give a fuck, or else, you wouldn't have been ranting about it here!

81751531.jpg

Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), when I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look and sound like...not like the stories your generation tells.

Reactions: BlogHue
flippa blows ass. nothing but flaky ass faggots and if you list a site there it is guaranteed to get copied 1000 times.

haha, i know exactly what youre talking about bro. good thread topic, but hey, if you want to get more views to this thread (which im sure you do cause you ultimately made this thread to start a discussion) try putting symbols like ۞ in the title to capture your audiences attention. Or for even crazier sicker techniques, i wrote a book that talks about more ways. pm me your email and i'll send you the link to where you can get one.

Honestly, that's what I call a cool story bro. Such a riveting tale, I honestly copy and pasted it to word, saved on my hard drive, backed it up on a jump drive, drove to the bank, put the jump drive in the safe deposit box, and will leave it there until my kids turn about 12 (when they can actually state their age, and ask what it is I'm showing them), when I will pick it up, put it in an old USB drive reader and relay this cool story to them and tell them, "kids, this is what a cool story should look and sound like...not like the stories your generation tells.

haha, i know exactly what youre talking about bro. good thread topic, but hey, if you want to get more views to this thread (which im sure you do cause you ultimately made this thread to start a discussion) try putting symbols like ۞ in the title to capture your audiences attention. Or for even crazier sicker techniques, i wrote a book that talks about more ways. pm me your email and i'll send you the link to where you can get one.

19531130.jpg

maybe ill buy it, pm me the details or link

I got it sold. Did ok, all things considered. Just really pisses me off when people ask questions that are none of my concern or not my responsibility to care about.

"How do I monetize this?" Fuck you.
"Should I run adsense?" Fuck you.
"What's CPA?" #!$@#$

I've made two 7k sales and one 30k sale on flippa. The winning bidders of all three of these auctions each told me "this is my first venture online"....

I've made two 7k sales and one 30k sale on flippa. The winning bidders of all three of these auctions each told me "this is my first venture online"....

Some mid-40s guy stuck behind a desk. It was that or a Ferrari, and his wife vetoed the Ferrari.

Off topic. I haven't flipped sites in years, but is sitepoint still a viable option? Sold a few sites there for $2-3k range. But... this was years ago.

Been building up some sites that I'll be looking to flip soon. Flippa the best option at this point?

Only site I ever sold was a fucking forum. Fuck forums and administrating them. The guy who bought it let it go to crickets <shrug>.

Off topic. I haven't flipped sites in years, but is sitepoint still a viable option? Sold a few sites there for $2-3k range. But... this was years ago.

Been building up some sites that I'll be looking to flip soon. Flippa the best option at this point?

Sitepoint's marketplace was spun off into Flippa, so it's the same thing with a different name.

Lot's of tire kickers on there for sure, but it's the only marketplace for developed websites that I have found. I just sold a site on there for mid 5-figs and I got hundreds of PM's and probably 50+ bids. I personally spoke with many of the bidders and out of all of that there were maybe 3-4 serious bidders.

Huge pain in the ass and I even had one bidder backout during Escrow process when it came time to actually release the funds, but eventually the deal got done with another bidder and everybody got what they wanted.

I have also sold a lot of small sites on there that were either abandoned projects or in niches I was bored with etc., for a few hundred up to a few thousand dollars and most of those transactions have gone smoothly.

Just realize if you're going to sell on there that there are a few things you can do to make your life easier. First, there are always going to be tire kickers so factor that into the hassle price. If it's not worth the hassle to you then don't bother. Second, put all of the screenshots and information regarding traffic, revenue, why you're selling, how to grow the site in the future etc. It's a pain in the ass, but if you do that up front you can save yourself a lot of hassle during the auction.

Had a buyer on flippa once, 5 minutes after payment asked for a refund for no reason at all, he had changed his mind.

I told him: "A sale is a binding contract by law" and sent him the files but he then refused to accept the domain on godaddy, I talked to flippa and they said it's his loss if he won't take it, I told him flippa was with me on this and he took the domain.
The guy kept asking for support months after the sale, I lost touch with him. LOL

What buyers need to understand is that the website seller isn't their SLAVE.

Just seems like there's a lack of respect by some buyers.