Firefox 4

Fuccckkk, they changed the open in tab or window around, keep opening shit in a new window.

It's a nice browser, but still slow IMHO.
I'll keep using Chrome till Firefox stop being slow and eating almost all the free memory available

i think its faster, not so sure i like the tabs on the top but you can change it back

Its better than it was before but its still a huge memory hog. I have like 8 tabs open and this pig is using like 2 gigs of ram.

opera ftw

17 tabs, 4 from youtube, 3 with constantly updating ajax, another 2 at vimeo, 2 hours of tube fapping, and still its only using 529mb of ram.

Does anyone else's text look weird in FF4? Doesn't look crisp/clean like it does with all other browsers. Menus, bookmarks, on-page, everything - all text. I disabled 'use hardware acceleration when possible' in options and it made no difference. The text almost looks a little bit blurry... did this in the beta of FF4 too. Any pointers?

opera ftw

17 tabs, 4 from youtube, 3 with constantly updating ajax, another 2 at vimeo, 2 hours of tube fapping, and still its only using 529mb of ram.

Opera is great for just browsing and very fast and light weight but the problem comes when you want to get some work done. You just cant do the things you can w/ the FF plugins with Opera or the other browsers. The plugins are what keeps me using it. I have been attached to FF since it was netscape and it seems like the "better" it gets the worse it performs and the more resources it needs. So for now im going to stay married to FF and let her do the dishes and clean the house. And when I want to go and have some fun I will open up my mistress Opera

Does anyone else's text look weird in FF4? Doesn't look crisp/clean like it does with all other browsers. Menus, bookmarks, on-page, everything - all text. I disabled 'use hardware acceleration when possible' in options and it made no difference. The text almost looks a little bit blurry... did this in the beta of FF4 too. Any pointers?

Looks normal to me.

I am super psyched about Firefox 4 and particularly its AddOn SDK (formerly JetPack). With it you can automate every aspect of your browser: http requests, cookies, proxies, user agent, etc, etc... Using nothing else but a pure beautiful JavaScript. It's a bliss for internet marketers!

Has anyone here figured out how to disable the sideways tab scrolling in Firefox 4?

Setting "browser.tabs.tabMinWidth;0" in "about:config" no longer works.

I like the new "Pin as App Tab" option for things that I always keep open like gmail. Maybe I won't need to disable the sideways scrolling anymore after I switch a few more of my usual browser tabs to "App Tabs".

Its better than it was before but its still a huge memory hog. I have like 8 tabs open and this pig is using like 2 gigs of ram.

Don't know whats up with your computer but I am at 7 tabs = 145,000k of ram being used. (145 megs)

(Firefox 3.6)

Who the fuck cares about how much RAM programs use these days? Are your computers really so shitty that you never have free RAM available? I can't remember the last time I looked and saw less than 2-3GB of free RAM on my PC... Anywho, screw Firefox. It's a bloated piece of crap now.

Best firefox in a long time, but fuck, I'm still hooked to Chrome for my daily browsing.