Favre

He just didn't want to go through camp, so he waited as long as he could before it was too late. He had this planned the entire time. I wish the Vikings would have just told him to jump in a lake.

He's probably not going to really retire until he gets a serious injury. For Brett Favre, I don't think it's about being a football player or loving the game, not anymore. He's done it so long that without it, he doesn't know what else to do. Pro football is a highly structured environment- there are specific times and places for practices, training camps, team meetings, press kits, endorsements, charities, offseasons and game days. Some people are a lot more suited for that environment than others.

Say what you will, but if you go from a schedule like that one day to a whole bunch of nothing the next day, it's gonna seriously fuck with your sense of purpose. Some players choose to deal with it on their own, others are forced to deal with that in addition to the zipper on their knee.

ESPN should just start a Favre channel.

Jordan didn't do a whole lot by playing for the Wizards. But at least he did that to help the younger players on the team and not for selfish reasons.

He still jacked up more shots than most nba players and also moved up a slot on the all time scoring list. I doubt he was that concerned with helping young guys.

I was predicting 5-11, but with Favre going to Minnesota I am amending that to 6-10. Thanks for the future pick-sixes Mr. Favre...

3-13

We're stepping away from a big abyss, it's going to take baby steps.

I love how every football thread in STS gets hijacked by Lions fans.

The whole 2 of us.

LOL @ the idiots who say he is ruining his legacy. Sure, he is a bit of an attention whore but anyone who knows football sees him as a first ballot hall of famer. Come on' man!

LOL @ the idiots who say he is ruining his legacy. Sure, he is a bit of an attention whore but anyone who knows football sees him as a first ballot hall of famer. Come on' man!

I don't doubt that he's a first ballot hall of famer. His antics won't change that. But you can't say that him going to a division rival doesn't tarnish his legacy at least a little bit....particularly w/ the Packer fans that supported him all those years. It's like Elway going and playing for the Raiders. Or Marino playing for the Patriots.

I personally think it's hilarious. It's going to make for an interesting year in our division.

1992 - 2007 in Green Bay = Greatness!
2008 - 2009 in NY Jets = Failure
2009 - ?? in Minnesota Vikings = [FONT=&quot]finds millions of reasons to unretire[/FONT]

Guerilla will be in here any minute now...lol

heh, knew I liked that guy for a good reason.

I don't doubt that he's a first ballot hall of famer. His antics won't change that. But you can't say that him going to a division rival doesn't tarnish his legacy at least a little bit....particularly w/ the Packer fans that supported him all those years. It's like Elway going and playing for the Raiders. Or Marino playing for the Patriots.

I personally think it's hilarious. It's going to make for an interesting year in our division.

I think for most it's not a matter of who he played for (I actually give him more credit for wanting to play for a team that could stick it to his team that in his eyes "wronged him") but the incessant drama whoring of I'm retiring/I'm unretiring/no wait, I'm serious, I'm retiring again/nope, gotta play,can't stay away(at least once training camps done)/no, fuck it, I'm done/well, maybe not....etc, etc, on and on....FOR TWO FUCKING YEARS.

If I was a Minny fan, I'd be more concerned about how hard our defense was gonna get smoked for 4 games without the "Williams Wall" than signing Farve. NFC North should be an interesting 3 team battle this year.

heh, knew I liked that guy for a good reason.

I think for most it's not a matter of who he played for (I actually give him more credit for wanting to play for a team that could stick it to his team that in his eyes "wronged him") but the incessant drama whoring of I'm retiring/I'm unretiring/no wait, I'm serious, I'm retiring again/nope, gotta play,can't stay away(at least once training camps done)/no, fuck it, I'm done/well, maybe not....etc, etc, on and on....FOR TWO FUCKING YEARS.

If I was a Minny fan, I'd be more concerned about how hard our defense was gonna get smoked for 4 games without the "Williams Wall" than signing Farve. NFC North should be an interesting 3 team battle this year.

Ya, I totally agree. What a bitch.

Re the Vikings problems, this could be a BIG issue too if he misses any games: Jared Allen misses practice with leg/ankle/foot injury | ProFootballTalk.com

Or somehow, by some miracle, they do have a good season and make it into the playoffs and actually have good prospects to making it to the superbowl the next year......and then he leaves the team. lol