Facebook volume down big time this weekend

Status
Not open for further replies.

vladb2

New member
Mar 28, 2008
395
4
0
Starting this Friday, April 17th most of my FB campaigns experienced huge cuts in volume.

Some campaigns that were strong for weeks had an increase in CTR on Friday and those got about a 50-60% cut in volume.

Some campaings suddenly got huge cuts in CTR that make no sense at all, as they were running fine for weeks. Those got hit with 80% less traffic then usual.

I think this might be a FB plot to get us to increase bids and lower our ROI.

Talked to some friends i have that also run on FB and they had the same issues starting Friday. What are you guys getting?
 


FB is doing exactly what you are saying. They look across the web at Myspace and see .25 min bids, on a very similar social network, and then ask " WTF are we allowing .01-.20 et al bids for...?"

They set the floor higher, especially for USA traffic since thats what MS does, and then they sit back and see if we all bite.
Trouble is, we arent a united group, and those who survive ONLY on FB have taken the bait, and substantiated FB's test for higher floors.

We oversee more than 10 accounts and can tell you firsthand...yes, pricing for USA traffic has been artificially increased. And it will stay there unless we are lay low for a week or so, and move to other social media, ppc etc .
We also have tools that show us the volume of ads as well as type of ads on FB, and you might be surprised who is the majority of ad spends on FB...hint: its NOT Affiliate marketers like everyone here thinks.
 
I don't advertise on Facebook anymore, but the minimum bid for Myspace is no longer 25 cents. There is no price floor anymore. Go make some ads!
 
I don't advertise on Facebook anymore, but the minimum bid for Myspace is no longer 25 cents. There is no price floor anymore. Go make some ads!

Well somebody had to spill the beans sooner or later, but yeah, MySpace's move is only going to make Facebook realize they're making a big mistake by setting an artificial price floor.
 
I started playing around the other day with an offer on fb for the first time in months and was amazed to see min. bids recommended at $1+ for general US demo...last time I tried it recommended was about .45-55c from memory.

I've not managed to get an impression even below about .28c for days, and no volume to speak of below about .38-40c which renders it useless as it was an email submit! Maybe its their way of making it unviable for us evil affiliates to use...
 
Fuck, the same thing happened to me. Started on Friday, went from spending easily $1k per day to not being able to spend more than around $600.
 
A new kind of engagement ad, now being tested, will invite people to vote — “what’s your favorite color M&M?” for example — and brands will pay every time a Facebook member participates.
“We are trying to provide the antidote for the consumer rebellion against interruptive advertising,” says Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook’s chief operating officer and Mr. Zuckerberg’s business consigliere.
Ms. Sandberg, who ran Google’s highly successful advertising initiatives before leaving the search giant to join Facebook, said her company’s revenue was growing despite a brutal downturn that is hurting other kinds of online advertising.
Is Facebook Growing Up Too Fast? | TimesDaily.com | The Times Daily | Florence, AL
Moving more towards a switchover mayhaps?
 
I've seen a massive drop in impressions. I'm still bidding at the lower end of the 'suggested' range for most ads, but even ones I want to get moving and have bid over the suggested bid are getting no impressions either..

I guess fb just doesn't want my money..
 
Hey guys,

Ive experience the exact same thing. There must be something up.

im getting half the volume and more suspiciously im getting lower CTR's, up to half.
 
I'll add to my post that my CTR are staying relatively constant. Some have dropped 0.1% or 0.2%, but I can definitely chalk it up to banner blindness.
 
I also want to add to my earlier post that I haven't noticed an impression drop or any CTR cuts.

This might as well turn into all of the other Facebook posts - so I'll summarize any and all future contributions:

"OH NOES, FB IS DEAD!"
 
Not sure, but I experienced this same thing about 4 weeks ago and haven't recovered since. I can't get my spend back up for the life of me, even by creating campaigns in completely different niches. On top of that, when I sent messages in, they gave me some ridiculous responses that didn't help me at all. FB loves being annoying
 
Fuck, the same thing happened to me. Started on Friday, went from spending easily $1k per day to not being able to spend more than around $600.

if your CTR is the same you get a 50% decrease. If they cut your CTR then you loose upto 80-90% of your traffic.

whatever FB did on Friday was the dumbest thing EVER... i have 4 friends that advertise heavy for local clients and even they seen huge cuts in volume.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.