facebook suing maxbounty?

mjpopcorna.gif

I think Facebook is completely full of shit on this one. Affiliate networks can't be held responsible for the actions of their affiliates. Otherwise network A would create an account at network B, spam the shit out of Facebook, and then proceed down the alphabet until they're the last network standing.

In fact, with all the cloaking and redirects going on, it's completely feasible that MaxBounty had no idea where this traffic was coming from.

I think Facebook is completely full of shit on this one. Affiliate networks can't be held responsible for the actions of their affiliates. Otherwise network A would create an account at network B, spam the shit out of Facebook, and then proceed down the alphabet until they're the last network standing.

In fact, with all the cloaking and redirects going on, it's completely feasible that MaxBounty had no idea where this traffic was coming from.

I'm no lawyer, but if the affiliate network was somehow enriched by these actions, and if Facebook can prove so, could the affiliate network somehow be held liable?

Am I wrong?

I still have some adspend going to facebook, but only a fraction of what it once was. The compliance team is fucking ridiculous, and they are lawsuit happy. If they can find a reason to sue you, they will.

A lot of networks have internal teams that do their own advertising. Some networks even own some offers. This is a more likely scenario.

I'm no lawyer, but if the affiliate network was somehow enriched by these actions, and if Facebook can prove so, could the affiliate network somehow be held liable?

Am I wrong?

Wrong. Think in terms of a) Facebook and b) their legal team (or any other company/person/etc.)

Who has more money, the affiliate or the network? And who potentially "controls" how the ads are distributed?

Zuckerberg can't figure out how to make his own monies on the internetz, so he just sues other people who have 'lotta money.

Steven Richter is sued too. Is it affiliate.com's Steve Richter or some other guy? Facebook is so gay, especially since Mark Zuckberg is hardly anyone who would win an award for ethics. He's a total piece of shit.