Facebook Implements New Stat??? - "Social %"

relatively broad demo, no keyword or interest targetting, around 900k people, US

350udk5.jpg

relatively broad demo, no keyword or interest targetting, around 900k people, US

350udk5.jpg

What am i suppose to do with this, without the actual average click price?
*edit. nevermind, i can pretty much guess it from the other numbers.

Interesting. One of my old campaigns:

US - Reasonably broad demo around 500k.

Impressions - 5,582,460
Clicks - 6,832
CTR - 0.122
CPC - 0.02

The social percentage is 16.8% - seems to have an effect on CPC. That campaign doesn't seem to make any sense to me otherwise.

What am i suppose to do with this, without the actual average click price?
*edit. nevermind, i can pretty much guess it from the other numbers.

ctr over life = .115%
avg cpc over life = .47

crap now everyone knows everything about one of my campaigns.

could be optimized for better ctr but im not focused on this particular campaign at the moment

Part of quality score. One of facebook's priorities is a good user experience. Hence them being quick to remove ads people complain about. Makes sense that'd reward you for ads that people actually want to see.

True but I don't really see this happening. You'd expect the social % to rise over time and I generally experience an increase in click prices the longer a campaign runs due to banner blindness.

Also, I've had ads that were in the few cent range within the first 1000 clicks on demos over 1 mill, there's no way the social percentage could be very high on that.

All i want is frequency caps and to exclude specific matching likes and interests. Give me those two things and I can spend way way more money.

I feel like I'm pretty smart and have been advertising on FB for years, and I have no idea how to use this social % number in any meaningful way.

All i want is frequency caps and to exclude specific matching likes and interests. Give me those two things and I can spend way way more money.

I feel like I'm pretty smart and have been advertising on FB for years, and I have no idea how to use this social % number in any meaningful way.

Well...

The more social % apparently the cheaper your click costs.

Probably because these have long affected cpcs and they have decided to share them.

They'd at least be taking this into account when raising your spend limit.

Divide your campaigns into 'clean' and 'dirty' accounts.

And if they don't already, I'd expect them to use this metric for Quality Score, similar to Adwords. Adwords simply assumes a 'like' factor from your CTR etc. Facebook have a more direct way of measuring it with the Social metric.

No surprise if having a shit Social score for a few month begins to choke off traffic to the account, raise your bids, have your spend lowered. Do remember those emails we got warning about the 'quality' of our ads - now you know more about that means. And remember it was accompanied by spend limits being slashed. Then raised back up - but some of my accounts rose quickly, some still have not. Too many campaigns since then, but again - Social Quality Score.

Oh C'mon with the "more likes, cheaper clicks". It can't be so. That would be totally idiotic, and promote exploits. From the numbers it seems it's true, but it just can't be.

I can already see the pathetic cloaks.. clean LP's turn into "click like, to see the content of this page" for everyone not on a special IP list.

I can see the 1000's of indian made proxyfied accounts and scripts in building, if not yet built, to automatically go and like your new offers (the new part of your LP tool).

This will turn ugly and we will go back to CTR affecting QS in a heartbeat once the tools go public. I hope that happens sooner than later, till then i will use my own tools for SUPERDUPER social %.