Facebook: How to Drive Impressions and Lower CPC

zotium

Jan 10, 2011
Manila
rickong.com
It's been a week since I've started running dating on facebook. Spent $277 and got back $260 on several test campaigns.

I finally got to a point where some of my ads are profitable and I'm now running into hurdles scaling it up.

I'm running a dating offer on a country-wide demo of 800,000 people between 8pm-2am.

Yesterday I ran three campaigns which gave me best performing ads that have CTRs ranging from 0.08% to 0.10% and CPCs of $0.37 to $0.55.

Campaign 1 Ad 1: Bid $0.60 got 20 Clicks 0.094% CTR $0.38 CPC
Campaign 2 Ad 1: Bid $0.60 got 82 Clicks 0.090% CTR $0.37 CPC
Campaign 3 Ad 1: None

Last night, I ran the three ads again in each campaign. I paused the non performers for Campaign 1 while Campaign 3 is a new campaign.

Campaign 1 Ad 1: Bid at $0.60 and got less than 1,000 impressions, no clicks.
Campaign 2 Ad 1: Lowered the bid to $0.40 and got 49 clicks on 0.062% CTR and $0.37 CPC.
Campaign 3 Ad 1: Started at $0.68, got 5 clicks at .109% CTR. Lowered the bid to $0.55 and got 56 clicks at 0.094% CTR and $0.51 CPC.

So I'm wondering why FB didn't give impressions to Campaign 1 Ad 1 when my bid is higher than Campaign 2 Ad 1? How do you try and get the most impressions?

Also, how come I can't drive down the CPC on Campaign 3 Ad 1? How do you drive down CPC?

Is it possible that my campaigns/ads are competing against each other here? :arcadefreak:

If all three ads are in the same adgroup and your daily budget is set fairly low (low hundreds), then your ads are competing against themselves for the budget.

If all three ads are in the same adgroup and your daily budget is set fairly low (low hundreds), then your ads are competing against themselves for the budget.

All three ads are in separate campaigns (adgroups) with $100 daily budget each.

I'm suspecting they're competing for the limited impressions? Since there's only 800,000 people and I'm already getting 500,000 impressions for these ads total

Country?
It's been a week since I've started running dating on facebook. Spent $277 and got back $260 on several test campaigns.

I finally got to a point where some of my ads are profitable and I'm now running into hurdles scaling it up.

I'm running a dating offer on a country-wide demo of 800,000 people between 8pm-2am.

Yesterday I ran three campaigns which gave me best performing ads that have CTRs ranging from 0.08% to 0.10% and CPCs of $0.37 to $0.55.

Campaign 1 Ad 1: Bid $0.60 got 20 Clicks 0.094% CTR $0.38 CPC
Campaign 2 Ad 1: Bid $0.60 got 82 Clicks 0.090% CTR $0.37 CPC
Campaign 3 Ad 1: None

Last night, I ran the three ads again in each campaign. I paused the non performers for Campaign 1 while Campaign 3 is a new campaign.

Campaign 1 Ad 1: Bid at $0.60 and got less than 1,000 impressions, no clicks.
Campaign 2 Ad 1: Lowered the bid to $0.40 and got 49 clicks on 0.062% CTR and $0.37 CPC.
Campaign 3 Ad 1: Started at $0.68, got 5 clicks at .109% CTR. Lowered the bid to $0.55 and got 56 clicks at 0.094% CTR and $0.51 CPC.

So I'm wondering why FB didn't give impressions to Campaign 1 Ad 1 when my bid is higher than Campaign 2 Ad 1? How do you try and get the most impressions?

Also, how come I can't drive down the CPC on Campaign 3 Ad 1? How do you drive down CPC?

Is it possible that my campaigns/ads are competing against each other here? :arcadefreak:

ive been told that CPM is better, but only once there is truly an effective Ad. question though, have you been using the 0.1 as your benchmark for a good ctr? maybe ive been being too hard on myself, but fo rme that is still on the low end. what do you guys think? what range ctr's do you guys strive for?

cuzzo ive been seeing lots of .1's also but was also curious what people were getting for ctrs in aus, itl, uk, and us?

test your crap on cpm.. you can spend like 20 cents to see if its gonna hold down a sick ctr..

constantine( or others), i kinda agree with you, the one thing i have noticed though is that my ctr has been historically lower in the uk than in the united states and i was wondering if other people have been experiencing this or not.