Facebook Bids Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ok people.... chill.... from what i remember my ads didn't run on the orange exclamation point.... i wasn't saying it to give false info... but i havent had an orange exclamation point in a very long time soooo....

chilllllllllll

I had this idea when I was a noob, too. Then I started lowering the bids and I was like.. wow... I can spend 50 to make 100? Instead of spend 200 and make 250. Much nicer on the pocket book.

I'd also suggest running a shit load of ads. Works well :p

i like dont get facebook. ive have ads that are green and getting 0 impressions. they were getting good ctr and fair bid, and all of a sudden traffic stops. not on my whole account but on that individual ad.

i still say the amount of impressions they give your ad isnt solely based on ctr and click bid, but also that the sponsor being advertised somehow comes into play. ive got dating ads with a high bids and a good ctr getting less impressions than a shopping offer with a lower ctr and a far lower bid. it shouldnt make sense but thats what im seeing.

I think the balance is spend your full daily budget at the lowest bid possible. This can definitely be done with your ad/s in the yellow. Nuff said.

i like dont get facebook. ive have ads that are green and getting 0 impressions. they were getting good ctr and fair bid, and all of a sudden traffic stops. not on my whole account but on that individual ad.

i still say the amount of impressions they give your ad isnt solely based on ctr and click bid, but also that the sponsor being advertised somehow comes into play. ive got dating ads with a high bids and a good ctr getting less impressions than a shopping offer with a lower ctr and a far lower bid. it shouldnt make sense but thats what im seeing.
Dating ads are kinda screwy right now. But I think it's probably just enough people having a good enough CTR to muscle others out of the demographic.

I'm under the assumption that Facebook bases the initial number of impressions you receive at the start of a day on your creative's lifetime performance. Thereafter, if you're lucky enough to get a few clicks during those impressions - they will keep giving you more clicks. On the other hand, if you aren't fortunate enough to get those clicks - in spite of your prior performance - the system cuts down on the number of impressions you're receiving. This can go into a downward spiral where at one point you're getting no fucking impressions; even though you had a ridiculously high CTR at one point.

With that in mind, to those who are continuously tweaking their bids and still getting impressions: Do you guys (or girls) base it on the previous 24 hours performance? Past 7 days? Lifetime?

I know some drop the bids until they get that orange exclamation mark, or just enough to keep getting a few impressions. However, I'm more interested in strategies that will maximize the amount of impressions and clicks I'm receiving while paying as less as I can for them. My previous strategy was to just pick three bids; if the CTR was between ___ and ___, I would categorize the creative into one of the three categories and bid accordingly. The CTR that I would use would be the advertisement's lifetime performance. This stopped working.

Now what I'm trying is setting a said figure (say 20 cents) as my lowest bid, which would be for the creative with the highest CTR (let's assume 20%). Each percentage point lower would then have an accordingly higher bid, until I hit the highest amount I'm willing to pay (for instance 40 cents). So, a 19% CTR would get a 22 cent bid; 18% CTR would get 24 cent bid; and so forth. This still isn't getting as many impressions as I was using the previous method at one point.

Any other strategies? And I apologize for making this post so long.

Status
Not open for further replies.