Facebook Bids Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

aim high

Jun 3, 2008
Someone recently told me that the little orange exclamation points don't mean anything. He says that they are just bluffing. Do you guys run your ads with the exclamation point next to it? It seems like the low bid zone is under 35 cents. I've tried to go under for a couple of campaigns and the orange mark always shows up.

I am testing this out right now, just want some of your opinions.

orange exclamation points mean your ads will not show until you increase your bid. it is not a bluff.

I can absolutely guarantee that xm's absolutely guarantee is correct. 11 of my campaigns on Facebook right now have orange flags up and all but 1 of them is getting impressions.

I absolutely guarantee you that you are wrong.

orange exclamation points mean your ads will not show until you increase your bid. it is not a bluff.

Shady = correct, you can still get a lot of impressions with an orange exclamation mark.

It all depends on how far you're away from the mark. If the mark is green at 10 cents, and turns orange at 9 cents, if you bid 7-8 cents then you'll still get clicks.

If you bid 6 cents or lower, you won't get clicks anymore.

I have had plenty of ads with orange exclamation points that run and get plenty of impressions/clicks. It's just like the crazy "suggested bids" they give when creating an ad, they give you higher numbers than are really needed.

i tested it today and it seems equal, but it seems like i get a bit more impressions if i bid like 1c above the low bid point.

Seriously, that is completely false information. Might be better to sit tight and read others answers when you don't know what you are talking about. Just saying.

So you guys have most of your ads in the orange? I'm bidding rather high in that case, in the hopes of getting more traffic. If the difference in impressions by placing higher bids is not that significant, perhaps I should lower them as well.

Play with it and keep lowering the bid until your green turns orange and then you know you can go slightly lower and still get impressions and clicks.

The couple of times I tried to run it in the orange I got 0 impressions. Maybe I will try again then, usually I just up it enough to get it back to green then slowly lower it again, seems to stay green most of the time.

I just tried lowering my bids to slightly above the orange exclamation mark, and am getting dirt impressions. I would rather work with lower margins and higher volume; which I assume are the two things you're juggling with bids. So in my case - although still relatively lower than before - the bids are going back up.

I just tried lowering my bids to slightly above the orange exclamation mark, and am getting dirt impressions. I would rather work with lower margins and higher volume; which I assume are the two things you're juggling with bids. So in my case - although still relatively lower than before - the bids are going back up.
Or I have >200 ads, so each getting not that many clicks add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.