Ever Try Mobile phone Advertising?

easytim

New member
Oct 15, 2009
4
0
0
Has anyone here ever tried pay-per-click advertising on mobile phones?
I'm a newbie who tried doing this a few months ago and got no sales. However, I still think this form of advertising has potential and it's still very cheap ($.03 per click). If anyone had used this form of advertising and had some success I'd like to hear from you.
 


lol

I have run large scale sms campaigns good for lead gen but not sure how you will profit unless you run a premium sms campaign for but the laws for that type of shit are crazy

method to handling that properly , I have a list of 7 million opt in compliant sms numbers if you are interested.
 
I've run a few things via bluetooth to mobile.
It's very geo-specific, as in 3km range at the absolute best, and even then I haven't tried it with anything that had a range beyond 100m.
That said, if you know what to to pitch, and you do it in a way that's likely to get people interested in a very specific product or range of products, then it can work well.
 
Has anyone here ever tried pay-per-click advertising on mobile phones?
I'm a newbie who tried doing this a few months ago and got no sales. However, I still think this form of advertising has potential and it's still very cheap ($.03 per click). If anyone had used this form of advertising and had some success I'd like to hear from you.
Fuck, if you think you've found a good source at $0.03 per click, blow it up. I guarantee you that the quality traffic sources will cost thousands of times that.
 
lol

I have run large scale sms campaigns good for lead gen but not sure how you will profit unless you run a premium sms campaign for but the laws for that type of shit are crazy

method to handling that properly , I have a list of 7 million opt in compliant sms numbers if you are interested.

Thanks for the reply. I don't even know what sms means. When I ran the ad my budget of $100 only lasted a few hours. It was done through a company called Admob and they distributed the ad randomly to mobile phone users. Maybe that's why it didn't succeed because it wasn't directed towards specific users.
 
I've run a few things via bluetooth to mobile.
It's very geo-specific, as in 3km range at the absolute best, and even then I haven't tried it with anything that had a range beyond 100m.
That said, if you know what to to pitch, and you do it in a way that's likely to get people interested in a very specific product or range of products, then it can work well.

Thanks for the reply.
 
Fuck, if you think you've found a good source at $0.03 per click, blow it up. I guarantee you that the quality traffic sources will cost thousands of times that.
Oh, I know that. It's just that I already wasted $100 on a previous campaign and my money is tight. 3,334 clicks and no conversions was a bummer. I couldn't use my main sales page as the link in my ad so I had to design a landing page and that may have looked too amateurish. So I'm still left with questions like:
Was it the audience?
Was it the landing page?
Was it the sales page? (A Clickbank product with high gravity)
I'm leaning more towards #2. Maybe if I spent the money to have it professionally designed I'd get better results. Thanks for your reply.
 
Oh, I know that. It's just that I already wasted $100 on a previous campaign and my money is tight. 3,334 clicks and no conversions was a bummer. I couldn't use my main sales page as the link in my ad so I had to design a landing page and that may have looked too amateurish. So I'm still left with questions like:
Was it the audience?
Was it the landing page?
Was it the sales page? (A Clickbank product with high gravity)
I'm leaning more towards #2. Maybe if I spent the money to have it professionally designed I'd get better results. Thanks for your reply.
I don't do mobile stuff but right away I can tell you a clickbank page probably won't convert. Try a different offer. Think about it like this:

If I were an iphone user would I want to sign up and pay for a clickbank offer?
Am I tech savvy enough to know that a free $250 grocery gift card is not as easy to attain as an ad implies it is?
Do I want a free pink iphone if I already have an iphone?
Would I take an awesome IQ quiz and then put my phone number in at the end of it especially since I'm on a phone?

Test and find out.
 
Oh, I know that. It's just that I already wasted $100 on a previous campaign and my money is tight. 3,334 clicks and no conversions was a bummer. I couldn't use my main sales page as the link in my ad so I had to design a landing page and that may have looked too amateurish. So I'm still left with questions like:
Was it the audience?
Was it the landing page?
Was it the sales page? (A Clickbank product with high gravity)
I'm leaning more towards #2. Maybe if I spent the money to have it professionally designed I'd get better results. Thanks for your reply.

Change your username to SimpleTim because thats what you are dude.
 
We do a lot of it at Tatto Media. We have the ability to target browsers with different offers so if you open it on your iphone you get an iphone formatted offer. Likewise with a blackberry. We've seen that this drastically helps epc. If anyone is interested in browser targeted offers i'd be more than happy to answer any questions.
 
IDK much about the whole mobile marketing stuff yet... is it through text messaging?

If so...
How do you identify the market? For example, an offer on gardening tools... how do you identify which numbers/people are interested in gardening tools? If you send that to a 19y/o kid that is into, idk, football, chances are it wont convert
 
Any networks out there that have many offers/landing pages optimized for mobile viewing? Forget optimized actually, I mean, specifically made for viewing on mobile phones only.

Please advise or PM.
 
I'd suggest splitting campaigns into seach only, and iphone only, and then figuring out what works on Google. With most offers, you'll probably find that you can turn off iphone/higher-end smartphone traffic without losing any conversions.

Not all merchant LPs even work with mobile browsers. I'm running an offer right now that I think would convert decently on the iPhone (easy lead, not a purchase), but the landing page won't even load properly on a smartphone. And the advertiser doesn't have the resources to figure it out for what's such a small portion of traffic. Then again, pages shouldn't be so badly coded that they completely mis-render on mobile broswers.