Does anyone own a boat?

Right up there with Gold,beanie babies and baseball cards as the WORST investments ever.

10190604.jpg

This is my boat. Seriously. It even has 2 paddles. Are there any other proud Explorer 300 owners here?

I'm looking to buy a kayak.

I used to have a little 18' center console fishing boat when I lived here:
5037728416_ba718d4e00.jpg

It was badass, for 6 months I just went fishing every day. For partying there was an island we'd anchor up at and wade to shore with a cooler of beer and party all night safely away from police.

I'm looking to buy a kayak.

I used to have a little 18' center console fishing boat when I lived here:
5037728416_ba718d4e00.jpg

It was badass, for 6 months I just went fishing every day. For partying there was an island we'd anchor up at and wade to shore with a cooler of beer and party all night safely away from police.

Where is this?

My family was big into boats in my childhood. Tons of repairs, lots of time in the driveway. Overall, when most people buy a boat they think they'll use it WAY more than they actually do use it.

The math on ownership vs renting doesn't work out at all. That 1 time a year or whatever you go to some lake for vacation - just rent a boat & eat the cost. Dealing with repairs/fees/price tag is crazy in comparison.

Is that man-made / reclaimed land?
10zpgfs.jpg

The long strip of peninsula is natural but it would constantly change shape as sand is eroded and piles up in other parts. Every few decades you have to replace the bulkheads which hold a wall between the land and water at the back of the deck.

There are lots of sandbars in the bay, I've been in my boxers at 5am many times trying to push my boat and a group of friends off a sandbar on our way home.

In the summer there would be thousands of boats and you could sit there watching a whole line of idiots go full throttle towards the middle of a sandbar and people would go flying when they beach it.

Originally indians lived there in the marshy parts and assawoman bay area.

Ocean city is also the white marlin capital of the world. Our neighbor won the tournament 10+ years ago and won a couple million bucks. White Marlin Open

Own 4 boats. Live on a Key.

Go 100+ miles out into ocean. Shark, mahi, grouper, tuna, ect.

Island hopping, booze cruising, fucken life.

10zpgfs.jpg

The long strip of peninsula is natural but it would constantly change shape as sand is eroded and piles up in other parts. Every few decades you have to replace the bulkheads which hold a wall between the land and water at the back of the deck.

There are lots of sandbars in the bay, I've been in my boxers at 5am many times trying to push my boat and a group of friends off a sandbar on our way home.

In the summer there would be thousands of boats and you could sit there watching a whole line of idiots go full throttle towards the middle of a sandbar and people would go flying when they beach it.

Originally indians lived there in the marshy parts and assawoman bay area.

Ocean city is also the white marlin capital of the world. Our neighbor won the tournament 10+ years ago and won a couple million bucks. White Marlin Open

OP, you remind me of the fun days. There's nothing more fun than anchoring up at unknown islands, away from the hubbub of city life.

That's paradise on earth for me.

Don't own one, but want one really badly. Even have a fishing boat as my fucking desktop wallpaper. I hope to get one next year but I need to convince the wife some more and sock away enough cash for a decent down payment.