Desktop Show and Tell

It doesn't for someone like me, not really. I don't have enough track record to get special information (which is a good call, I'd blab). If a new console does hit next fall, I imagine the situation would be that the 360 release would go ahead as scheduled, and if it does well I imagine MS would support the porting to the new console.

Since I dev with unity, I can publish to all the major platforms IF I get an agreement with that company. Assuming my sales are decent I'd like to see a porting to WiiU and PS3, but I don't know anyone at either company so I don't have an in there.

-edit-

if anyone is considering going into game dev,

Unity is just as fantastic as everyone says.

Corona is cool for mobile devices, just don't count on anything Ansca says to ever happen.

Torque 3d, I have found memories of from my first dip into becoming a game dev almost 10 years ago, but it's stuck 10 years behind, and windows only.

impactJS is sick, but it's HTML5 so Android support is weak pre 4.0

Those are the indie level engines I have experience developing with. Unreal is bad ass as well, but it's overkill and the royalty isn't acceptable for an indie IMO, unless you manage to rocket.

the romantic dchuk has entertained the idea of diving headfirst into Unity dev to make some games. Just haven't made that jump yet.

just switched back to triple monitors with a hackintosh after trying to do the minimalism single monitor stuff with just my macbook air:

It's hard not to feel fucking l33t with 5000+pixels wrapped around your brain

Not sure the size of your monitors but the USB -> Video work surprisingly well. I laughed at them in the past but when I converted to MAC a couple years ago I didn't want to give up my 3 screens and I sure as hell wasn't going to drop $ on a Mac Pro desktop. Using my MacBook Pro I got the adapter to hookup to my 30" dell, and ran my 21" side mount Dells through separate USB adapters and they work perfectly. Don't watch VIDEOS or play games on the side monitors and all is good.

Your in for almost 300$ in adapters and then arms if you want but damn the configuration is awesome.

Right now I migrated my office to my new home office and am back to a single 27" Apple Display... I LOVE these things but since I have more room behind me the glare sucks (even with no windows open), so going to probably unload the 2 27s I have and go back to the 30" Matte Dell sitting on the other desk.

I wish the 30" Dell were TB and had mini-DP so I could run 2x30" and then on my other side run a 24", but realistically I may just have to get 2x27" Apple TB displays and put on a Matte covering.

I sure wish OSX kept Spaces. When doing research, content planning, development, and chatting it's priceless. I've since just added a 2nd PC next to me to run live stats / dashboards on for some systems we've built.

UMai0.jpg

Just downsized, miss my old place ::

61.jpg

44.jpg

second room ::

57.jpg

...to this for now while I flip a condo ::

attachment.php

Not going to explain every component but it's all media/marketing/production related.

Feels good to finally come out of the closet doesn't it.

Hmm.

Anyone know what to use?

I don't know shit about videos but it would def be nice if I could upload it in less than 700 fucking minutes.

I use Powerdirector Pro

Open, import video, drag video to timeline thing, produce, select windows media high quality (or hd,full hd, med quality, w/e) upload video to youtube

there is also a built in youtube thing, but meh

edit, oh you are on a mac? If so, then idk what to use loool

I use Powerdirector Pro

Open, import video, drag video to timeline thing, produce, select windows media high quality (or hd,full hd, med quality, w/e) upload video to youtube

there is also a built in youtube thing, but meh

edit, oh you are on a mac? If so, then idk what to use loool

I haven't used it, but final cut pro is pretty popular.

oaf4I.jpg

Monitors long over due for an upgrade. Desk is bi-level, manually height adjustable. Turning the handle activates a complex series of signalling events that ultimately leads to googlehammer being played on both monitors while the desk converts from standing to sitting and vice versa. Chair (not pictured)

Not sure the size of your monitors but the USB -> Video work surprisingly well. I laughed at them in the past but when I converted to MAC a couple years ago I didn't want to give up my 3 screens and I sure as hell wasn't going to drop $ on a Mac Pro desktop. Using my MacBook Pro I got the adapter to hookup to my 30" dell, and ran my 21" side mount Dells through separate USB adapters and they work perfectly. Don't watch VIDEOS or play games on the side monitors and all is good.

Your in for almost 300$ in adapters and then arms if you want but damn the configuration is awesome.

Right now I migrated my office to my new home office and am back to a single 27" Apple Display... I LOVE these things but since I have more room behind me the glare sucks (even with no windows open), so going to probably unload the 2 27s I have and go back to the 30" Matte Dell sitting on the other desk.

I wish the 30" Dell were TB and had mini-DP so I could run 2x30" and then on my other side run a 24", but realistically I may just have to get 2x27" Apple TB displays and put on a Matte covering.

I sure wish OSX kept Spaces. When doing research, content planning, development, and chatting it's priceless. I've since just added a 2nd PC next to me to run live stats / dashboards on for some systems we've built.

my right monitor is a usb -> dvi setup. It's good for tailing dev logs and some chat shit. (I'll respond to your PM in the morning I finished my scotch tonight and am in no position to write a coherent response).

I plan on getting a retinate MBP in the next month or so, and will reevaluate the monitor situation at that point. I'm an idiot and got 3 matching non-vesa mount monitor so not sure what I'm gonna do, might donate some monitors to a lucky local WF guy.

EDIT: I'm drunk but I think Mac still has spaces even in Mountain Lion. Sometimes I feel randy and run everything in full screen so I'm pretty sure it still works that way.

just switched back to triple monitors with a hackintosh after trying to do the minimalism single monitor stuff with just my macbook air:

ijgl~km5rl62.png

Whaaaa, Hackintosh? what that be like? I currently have a fucking Nvidia Chipset (huge mistake for hackintosh purposes) but will be going all intel next build, what are your specs and how stable is it?

Whaaaa, Hackintosh? what that be like? I currently have a fucking Nvidia Chipset (huge mistake for hackintosh purposes) but will be going all intel next build, what are your specs and how stable is it?

I kind of stumbled into mine.

I had this [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Dell-XPS-8300-Desktop-i7-2600/dp/B00657ADVI/ref=pd_cp_pc_2/185-4608647-6850251]Amazon.com: Dell XPS 8300 Desktop - Intel Core i7-2600 3.4GHz, 8GB Memory, 1TB Hard Drive, AMD Radeon HD 6450 1GB DDR3, 16x DVDRW, Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium: Computers & Accessories[/ame]

And found out it's ready to rock as a Hackintosh out of the box. It took me about an hour to setup, used Unibeast + Iboot to get setup. It was my first attempt and no problems at all.

Been running OSX for about a week now and it's been very stable. Full ICloud/App Store access. I put in an extra hdd for the Mac install, can boot Windows 7 from the main drive when needed.

The only issue I have is my Logitech software for my webcam crashes. Guessing it's a Logitech/Mac issue, not a Hackintosh issue.

I back it up like crazy, still not 100% confident that an auto-update won't wreck the entire OS. But so far works flawlessly.

ijgl~km5rl62.png

That monitor is probably on sale again man, you should go check staples.

I built this: tonymacx86 Blog: Building a Sandy Bridge CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2011

Looks like they updated it here: tonymacx86 - Building a CustoMac: CustoMac Mini 2012

The only thing I'm kicking myself about is not using an SSD in the build. Other than that, the thing is still very fast and really reliable actually. Just can't update it as easily as a normal mac but, meh.