Delicious sold to youtube

midnight_focus

SERPrise.net
Mar 17, 2009
www.serprise.net
Just received an email from delicious saying that it is sold to youtube founders
Yahoo! is excited to announce that Delicious has been acquired by the founders of YouTube, Chad Hurley and Steve Chen. As creators of the largest online video platform, Hurley and Chen have firsthand expertise enabling millions of consumers to share their experiences with the world. Delicious will become part of their new Internet company, AVOS.

To continue using Delicious, you must agree to let Yahoo! transfer your bookmarks to AVOS. After a transition period and after your bookmarks are transferred, you will be subject to the AVOS terms of service and privacy policy.

Hmm, this seems quite interesting.

Does that mean Yahoo is struggling with its budget, and needed some quick money, or does that mean Delicious wasn't profitable ?

Yahoo didn't sell Delicious to Youtube, but like mentioned above to the previous owner of Delicious. It would b wrong decision by Yahoo to sell it to Youtube/Google. They wouldn't do it.

Orkhan

Google owns youtube.

The quote in the original post states that delicious was sold to the "founders" of youtube -- not the current owner (Google.)

seriously ? but i see no future now in 'social sites like delicious. Digg is going down. i remember there was a time when Google was considering to buy Digg but the deal fell out

They must see something in the deal or they wouldn't have spent the kind of money they spent to get it. I would say they have something planned for it...

maybe yahoo is starting to fall apart.. or it has been already years ago..

They should make some credible changes (Yahoo) to capture the Internet Users to use them again!...

Interesting , Actually owners of gogole is the owners of youtube , Am i right ? So , google owns 3 major websites now , i think google is going to be interent in future