Degree of CSS usage on your sites

To what degree do you use CSS on your sites?

• Just CSS and divs.

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Tables for layout, everything else is styled with CSS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CSS just for fonts.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • What the diddle is CSS?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

J-Tag

They call him Danger Man!
Jun 25, 2006
Cananada
To what length do you use CSS on your websites?

For me, I just use CSS and divs. I fake my tables, and consider it heresy to use a bgcolor attribute on your body tag, or a *shudders* font tag.

All of my most recent sites are tableless layouts. I still use tables for tabular data... but that's about it. I'll nver go back.

css and divs only. After getting used to it, I can do it a lot faster than with inline or tables for layouts.

a.titus1 said:
css and divs only. After getting used to it, I can do it a lot faster than with inline or tables for layouts.
Same here. i avoided it for so long 'cause it was just such a pain in the ass. Once i did a couple sites with it though, I can fly right through coding the layout with much less issues then I ran into with tables.

I stopped doing coding at all and just went to WYSIWYG a few years ago. When I learned about CSS I went back to raw coding, and took up divs easier than I initially took up tables years before that.

Some of my sites are about 90% CSS and others are about 50%. It really depends if I am hand-coding or using a Wordpress templete. If I'm building from scratch I go with tables and whatnot because that is what I learned and it is just easier for me.

a.titus1 said:
This is what I use it for as well. It took me a while to get the hang of it but I wouldn't ever go back now.

if you're really a good coder you don't use many divs, but you try to use every contextual element as much as possible.

Divs have there place, a div is a document division. should be used to mark your header and footer and main section.

Status
Not open for further replies.