Dazzle White WTF?

Yeah, please let me know as well..

Edit: LP looks the same as before to me, do I need to clear my cookies?

If you look at their new contract addendum it now requires affiliates to put a "conspicuous" notice at the very top of their website/LP stating that they are in fact a marketing firm and that they will receive compensation from referring visitors to the company.

I would think that a notice within the websites terms of service link would cover any of the new US Government requirements on disclosure. This is counter-productive (read... plain stupid)

Three problems with that:

1) I believe that a lot of consumers would see that notice and flee

2) I have better things to place above the fold on my websites main page than some overkill sergeon-general style warning! Thats prime advertising real-estate that doesn't need to be wasted on goofy crap like that.

3) If a lot of affiliate programs begin requiring such notices it would be very easy for Google, Bing, Yahoo to kill off affiliate websites by simply looking for the notice at the top.

This is the kind of bs that happens when lawyers are allowed to participate in anything. Few people are unfamiliar with the phrase "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers" from Shakespeare.

Last edited:
If you look at their new contract addendum it now requires affiliates to put a "conspicuous" notice at the very top of their website/LP stating that they are in fact a marketing firm and that they will receive compensation from referring visitors to the company.

I would think that a notice within the websites terms of service link would cover any of the new US Government requirements on disclosure. This is counter-productive (read... plain stupid)

Three problems with that:

1) I believe that a lot of consumers would see that notice and flee

2) I have better things to place above the fold on my websites main page than some overkill sergeon-general style warning! Thats prime advertising real-estate that doesn't need to be wasted on goofy crap like that.

3) If a lot of affiliate programs begin requiring such notices it would be very easy for Google, Bing, Yahoo to kill off affiliate websites by simply looking for the notice at the top.

This is the kind of bs that happens when lawyers are allowed to participate in anything. Few people are unfamiliar with the phrase "The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers" from Shakespeare.

It would be easier for them to just put their terms above the fold on their LP. Then they can close their doors, problem solved...

because an informed customer is a happy customer that will always keeps coming back
sure they will

Our product is what keeps the customers coming back, not our marketing practices.
so its not the rebill then??

el o el what a crock of shite

Those terms/requirements are just there to cover their ass. They're in full support of the affiliates who send thousands of leads a day to their offers.

Thing is, they could have written the requirements in a more reasonable fashion and most affiliates would be happy to comply. Simply posting the compensation notice somewhere in the TOC page or even somewhere on the footer would be sufficient to meet FTC requirements. The placement requirements that they are stating are a bit harsh.

I simply refuse to break the terms on any affiliate program even if the company has no intention of actually enforcing them. It makes it very easy for someone to simply not pay you. What is worse is that they can drop you in the grease whenever the FTC comes to call.

The use of free images found through Google Image Search or any other means is prohibited. Should Affiliate wish to use non-provided images, he or she is recommended to license images from stock photo providers such as istockphoto.com.

So basically don't use free images for your fake blog, buying them will make your blog real!

^ Foreigner- IVE never seen an advertiser go to bat for a pub (aint sayin it hasnt happened tho) Ive seen networks help out... I guess we can look at the oprah /berries FTC dance and see how our diet boys in FL will work with that list of pubs in the US court sys...

I also lold at this link:

False Advertising

the scripted possibilities there are intriguing.

Just saw this thread. That link has been on their page for a bit, I think like 6-8 weeks. Maybe more. I guess no one saw it.

TBH, there aren't many times I would go to bat or defend JTM, but they are one of the last ones I would ever think would turn on affiliates. They been running offers for a few years and they live/die by affiliates. FTC heat is not new for them. That's why there company keeps changing location and processing countries. But I highly doubt they would turn on affiliates.

This is just a superficial CYA effort. I wouldnt read into it. But this is just my opinion.