Damn. April sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyOwnDemon

Face Rocker
Jan 28, 2007
Iowa
www.sitestomp.com
I'm totalling up the numbers on my adwords campaigns for April... and I spent just as much as I earned and broke almost exactly even. Which means I didn't turn a profit this month (a few dollars doesn't count). All my campaigns are paused until I come up with some new ideas.

It's back to the drawing board... new niche research, better keywords, working on my targeting, etc. Jon, now would be a good time to drop one of your famous keyword lists. :D

Well, here's hoping May will be much better. I'm sure as hell not giving up.

Thank God all my e-book sales are paying my rent (just kidding).

But, now it's time to get really, really drunk. :rasta:

Keep fighting the good fight bro.

Do you have any content sites that bring in any income?

I lost money in April too. But on a good note April has been my first month of serious affiliate marketing efforts. So the goal is get better every month and keep fighting the good fight !

You guys are making me thankful.

Keep at it. This stuff takes time to grow.

If you have some time you aren't sure what to do with then don't fall victim to using it to click around checking your stats.

Put some new ideas on your board or try some ideas that you have already written down. Even if you don't know if they will work, get them out there. The stats will be there after you get more lines in the water.

Somethings bound to bite.

Highest respect. You guys are hustlers.

No worries man. You'll always have ups and downs in this business. I'm small fry compared to a lot of members here, but my biggest hit was $750 to YSM and 0 conversions. The up side of that, I learned a lot from my mistake.

Two things went wrong: 1) I didn't test to see that my links were tracking properly first and 2) My keywords were out of whack, not targeted like they should have been (was in a hurry to get it up)

Wow mike, that hurts, but I guess something like that forces your to really learn and understand what went wrong

I was just complaining to my wife that I only made 7k in April...

I promoted a lot of webhosting last month to a home biz list I have and it did a lot better than I thought it would.

Got screwed out of about 3k from some credit solutions advertiser working with CJ.com though, that was kind of a pain.

Anyways, thanks for this post, it really gave me a perspective. Sometimes I get all pissed that I'm not Mega Wealthy yet, but when I think about those who aren't even making a living yet, I feel less bad...

I must admit that purchasing adwords and then making your adwords clicks convert into sales is not easy. It takes alot of research and work plus can cost quite a bit of money.

It's best to never put to much into it.

After dabbling for the last few years on and off, April was the first month I've started properly playing the game - made a few hundred dollars. Need to start keeping better records! (and this is with my eBay fuck up - see thread I'm just going to start!)

Not too bad - just wish I had the cash in my hands not stuck in the bank accounts of Google and the affiliate networks!

Congrats to those who made money in their first month! :D

April and March are often bad months in many niches. I had a good April but it was still down from a few months ago.

Christmas and Valentines day credit card bills are finally arriving and starting to hurt and the tax man is asking for his cut- not to mention the weather is getting warm and people are spending less time at their PCs. All this can lead to less disposable income so people may be less likely to buy what you're selling.

I think that you guys that are having trouble containing your ppc costs should consider some of the bum marketing tips here. I would suggest spending your time and not your money at first. Use free traffic to learn how to convert. Then run small campaigns....that way when you lose money it will get paid for by free traffic conversions.

Its hard to get a profitable pcc campaign going, but when mine really bite, at least I know my free traffic is covering them. April was my best month ever, but it was because of work that I had done weeks or months ago started showing up in se's. Also I hit a couple of lucky traffic sources....one was a post I had made on a forum related to my niche getting picked up by the SE...with my affiliate code. :) Gotta' love it when that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.