Curious about how you select which offers to promote and how to promote them?

Hi folks, I'm a software entrepreneur and a realative NOOB in the space. I'm trying to better understand the affiliate space, and have the following questions. Please feel free to answer one or more of them, or to just point me to where I can get these questions answered myself. I'm a quick learner!

1) What's your biggest pain when it comes to the affiliate space?
2) If you could change ONE thing about the affiliate / CPA space, what would it be?
3) Why do you run affiliate / CPA offers on your website? Why not run regular ads?
4) How did you decide which networks to work with?
5) How did you decide which offers/products to promote? Is this all done manually?
6) Have you ever used software to optimize which offer to promote, which creative to run? Would you be open to it?
7) How do you promote your offers? Websites? Email? Ads? What % of affiliates use websites to drive conversions from?
8) If you have websites, what is the typical monthly traffic you get in terms of page views and uniques across your sites?
9) If you had something that displayed optimized offers within the empty space of your website, would this be useful?
 


Dowsing and Ouija board work best, sometimes you just roll a dice. Quick learner is fine, you need to be a quick do'er. Stop asking questions and just start doing, seriously. You're going to find out what works, what doesn't and immediately - you'll never get a straight answer here, ever.

ouija-board.jpg


Bill_Dowsing.jpg
 
1) google
2) google
3) more monies
4) i pick networks that have good offers i can play with
5) yes, it's manual for me. i stick with what i know so keyword bidding remains rather logical
6) yes. lots of things. but NONE of them can replace ACTUALLY DOING WORK
7) PPC + email for me. not telling you anything more than that.
8) good luck getting an answer there
9) no.
 
1) google
2) google
3) more monies
4) i pick networks that have good offers i can play with
5) yes, it's manual for me. i stick with what i know so keyword bidding remains rather logical
6) yes. lots of things. but NONE of them can replace ACTUALLY DOING WORK
7) PPC + email for me. not telling you anything more than that.
8) good luck getting an answer there
9) no.

Regarding 5 and 6... which software have you used that has optimized offers for you?

And I'll also ask you this... it seems like a lot of this space is manual optimization.... so I'd ask, "how do you know you're making as much money as you could be making?" i.e. if you had software to test and optimize for which offer to promote across which network with which creative, and it learned dynamically, would that be useful?
 
Regarding 5 and 6... which software have you used that has optimized offers for you?

And I'll also ask you this... it seems like a lot of this space is manual optimization.... so I'd ask, "how do you know you're making as much money as you could be making?" i.e. if you had software to test and optimize for which offer to promote across which network with which creative, and it learned dynamically, would that be useful?

ohhhhhhhhhhh trust me. there a software for that
 
Apply to Convert 2 Media, they have that software:)

Just ask Ruck that you are looking for that software.

Do not listen guy above, he is not that serious at all.
 
I took a look at emptyspaceads. Your software will not be useful to the majority of people on Wickedfire, as most people on here build a page around a single offer/vertical and drive paid traffic to that page. There is no empty space, the entire page is dedicated to promoting 1 or 2 offers.
 
Hi folks, I'm a software entrepreneur and a realative NOOB in the space. I'm trying to better understand the affiliate space, and have the following questions. Please feel free to answer one or more of them, or to just point me to where I can get these questions answered myself. I'm a quick learner!

1) What's your biggest pain when it comes to the affiliate space?
2) If you could change ONE thing about the affiliate / CPA space, what would it be?
3) Why do you run affiliate / CPA offers on your website? Why not run regular ads?
4) How did you decide which networks to work with?
5) How did you decide which offers/products to promote? Is this all done manually?
6) Have you ever used software to optimize which offer to promote, which creative to run? Would you be open to it?
7) How do you promote your offers? Websites? Email? Ads? What % of affiliates use websites to drive conversions from?
8) If you have websites, what is the typical monthly traffic you get in terms of page views and uniques across your sites?
9) If you had something that displayed optimized offers within the empty space of your website, would this be useful?

Instead of coming to wickedfire expecting to find / ask and get answers is probably the wrong way to go about it. Start reading up, theres a lot of useful information and sources here. Maybe try and use wickedfire to make contacts / friends instead of an info mine.

4) Your probably best off diving in, learning affiliate marketing first hand and find out what networks are good by trial and error. Some of the good ones are Azoogle, CX Digital, Mediatrust (Advaliant), Firelead, Copeac, EWA, Sybarite Elite, Elite Clicks Media. These networks have history and a good history of paying (on time at that too).

6) Your probably going to need prosper202 to track and analyze your traffic - that's probably a core. You'll see what other tools you need once you start driving traffic / testing and come to a problem that you need to overcome (like cloaking for example).

I'm bored and got nothing better to do, so hope this helps :338:
 
Hi folks, I'm a software entrepreneur and a realative NOOB in the space. I'm trying to better understand the affiliate space, and have the following questions. Please feel free to answer one or more of them, or to just point me to where I can get these questions answered myself. I'm a quick learner!

1) What's your biggest pain when it comes to the affiliate space?
2) If you could change ONE thing about the affiliate / CPA space, what would it be?
3) Why do you run affiliate / CPA offers on your website? Why not run regular ads?
4) How did you decide which networks to work with?
5) How did you decide which offers/products to promote? Is this all done manually?
6) Have you ever used software to optimize which offer to promote, which creative to run? Would you be open to it?
7) How do you promote your offers? Websites? Email? Ads? What % of affiliates use websites to drive conversions from?
8) If you have websites, what is the typical monthly traffic you get in terms of page views and uniques across your sites?
9) If you had something that displayed optimized offers within the empty space of your website, would this be useful?

Are you a new AM at xy7?
 
Hey dudes,

I'm looking to get into the affiliate space. Do you guys have enough space for me? Can you give me all your advice on this space?

1. Can you tell me what works best for you in this space so I can saturate it?
2. Can I fuck that space between your wife's tits while you send me your campaigns?

1. no
2. no
 
I've personally seen two organizations that actually had "a software for that" - both a half dozen stanford in one case /MIT in the other grads build it over the course of 6-12 months.

These are the ONLY parties who I personally know who've ever gone this deep into real optimization, both had venture capital at their disposal so throwing $200k into a campaign to gather data wasn't a big deal. Both were also not running CPA campaigns primarily (though may have done that as well- I would have).

AND both fucking crushed it, to the point that they came in and dominated media spots and verticals within 12-18 months after launch and significantly disrupted seasoned markets.

I've heard of dozens of other people with really "neat" setups but nothing in this caliber and haven't seen the fruits of all these "neat" system's labor (read: they don't really have shit)


I'd be extremely interested in something to actually optimize, I'd expect to pay a couple hundred thousand dollars for the system and I'd expect it to do pretty wild shit- like OCR built into analyzing/scraping competitors ads to determine what colors/layouts/etc of creative were commonly used and clicked best, to find and alert to statistically significant anomalies in conversion which could signal an advertiser cranking up the scrub, etc etc etc.